Senior Product Development Scientist-SID00445 – Sidney, OH
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
The business operates seven oil refineries, five shortening and oil packaging plants, a mayonnaise production facility, a dressings plant and a culinary sauce facility, all of which are located in the United States. We also operate an edible oil refinery in Mexico.
Customers include major food manufacturers and quick-service and casual-dining restaurant chains. Dressings Sauces & Oils is integrated with Cargill's soybean crushing activities, which provide a reliable source of crude soybean oil for further processing.
The Product Development Manager is a critical member of the Dressings, Sauces and Mayonnaise (DSM) Product Development team. General responsibilities include managing the technical relationship with assigned customers, plant operations, Quality Assurance and many other multifunctional teams. The PD Manager is responsible for driving all aspects of commercialization process of new dressings/sauces formulations from concept, through bench, piloting, and full production trials and finally facilitating effective handoff of new formulations to Operations. The PD scientist also has ownership the technical relationship with assigned customers and for all supporting technical activities including creating specifications, process instructions and product approvals.
50% -Drive all aspects of new product commercialization for DSM by formulating matches for existing customer products or translating target culinary recipes into commercially feasible formulations from bench level through qualifying plant trials, meeting established success criteria and key milestones and effective hand-off to Operations.
20% - Responsible for all technical aspects of new products including formula, specifications, manufacturing, order of addition, nutrition and ingredient labeling.
10% - Provide outstanding technical service and support to assigned external customers, including collaboration with Culinary and Sales team to execute customer ideation and product demonstrations.
10% - Provide technical support, as needed, to Operations/QA to trouble shoot and resolve production quality issues and in development and execution of technical training related to dressing and sauces formulations/manufacturing and procedures and policies that address food safety and product quality.
10% - Support cost savings initiatives as assigned.
· B.S. Degree in Food Science or other closely related scientific field
· Minimum 5 years experience in the development/commercialization of Dressings, Sauces or Mayonnaise OR
· Minimum 10 years in product development of other food products could substitute for dressings & sauces experience
· Exceptional command of Food Science and ingredient functionality
· Highly effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work as member of cross functional team
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Customer facing experience with demonstrated success in building strong customer relationships
· 20 - 30% travel
· Master’s Degree in Food Science or closely related field or Culinary degree
· 10+ years in dressing and sauces development
· Currently or formerly employed by a top manufacturer in Dressings, Sauces or Mayonnaise
· Demonstrated success across multiple product categories and/or technical functions
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com