• Responsible for conducting risk based scheduled and follow-up store
visits to help provide support, guidance and education related to reducing
food safety critical violations and increasing overall food safety
compliance. These visits will also help maintain and increase awareness of
Publix’s food safety auditing, pest management and sanitation provider’s
• Responsible for providing leadership and directional support to
divisional stores when unscheduled assistance is required.
• Responsible for attending and presenting food safety trend information to
the applicable division, regions and districts each quarter and/or month.
The purpose of this is to present timely information to the retail and
support business leaders related to food safety and remain imbedded within
the division as a key food safety support.
• Responsible for participating in continuous improvement activities,
special projects and providing updates to the Retail Food Safety Manager.
This is to confirm continuity with department direction and continued
improvement of existing and developing programs.
• Responsible for establishing and developing good business relationships
with regulatory and industry contacts. This is vital to ensure Publix has
solid contacts and respect as a premier leader in food safety.
• Responsible to be available and responsive to support assigned roles
impacting reactive adverse food safety events to help provide protection of
public health of our customers, associates and the Publix brand.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Food Microbiology, Food Science,
Environmental Health or equivalent or equivalent experience.
• Two years Sanitation, Food Safety and/or Pest Management experience.
• Must be at least 20 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
• Must have and be able to maintain an excellent driving record.
• Must be willing to travel by air including overnight stays as needed.
• National Environmental Health Association’s (NEHA’s) Certified
Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) and Certified Professional Food Manager
or will obtain within first year of employment.
• Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements pertaining
to food safety, sanitation, and pest management.
• In-depth knowledge of sanitation and how it relates to food safety and
pest management issues.
• In-depth knowledge of different pest biological requirements and pest
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
with all levels of the organization.
• Effective listening and verbal communication skills.
• Effective writing and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to make the most efficient and effective use of available time
and be able to prioritize work.
• Project-management and organization skills.
• Creative thinking and negotiation skills.
• Must be bilingual, ability to speak Spanish and English
• Master of Science degree in Public Health or Food Microbiology.
• Five or more years of management experience relating to Food Safety,
Sanitation and Pest Management.
• Certified Professional Food Manager and National Environmental Health
Association’s (NEHA’s) Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) and
NEHA’s Registered Sanitarian (RS).
• Knowledge of Publix Departments and their function with retail and
• Knowledge of food safety principles and Publix’s Department Reference and
Procedure Guides, and Managers’ Reference Library.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel and
• Travel will be in the Southern Miami division.
• Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may
receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
• Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a
▪ Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to
associates each year at no cost
▪ An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held
▪ 401(k) retirement savings plan
▪ Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
▪ Group dental plan
▪ Group vision plan
▪ Sick pay
▪ Long term disability Insurance
▪ Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death &
▪ Tuition reimbursement
▪ Vacation pay
▪ 6 paid holidays (can be used on other days)
▪ Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
▪ Paycheck direct deposit
▪ Credit union
▪ Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle
and wireless purchases.
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the
calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. This is
equal to one month’s pay (pro-rated in the first year) if associate remains
employed through the date of payment (early December).