Associate Principal Scientist-1300997 – Madison, WI
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2011 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners And dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2011, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
This position is part of Oscar Mayer’s (OM) Research, Development and Quality (RDQ) organization, specifically in the Strategic Technology and Innovation team. This team is focused on longer term (2-3 years+) technology development and driving the technical and innovation capabilities OM needs to be successful. The team works across all OM categories and brands including current and new products.
Some specific accountabilities of the team include:
· Championing open innovation efforts for OM
· Managing key strategic external partnerships
· Leading the development
· Implementation and evergreening of the OM technology strategy
· Technology road-mapping, technical feasibility
· Identifying and pursuing new and emerging technologies to enable OM business needs
· Ensuring OM maintains a competitive advantage in the marketplace through management of the OM intellectual property portfolio and establishing IP strategies
· Identifying and developing new food safety ingredients and technologies
· Providing Consumer Science expertise across OM categories and programs.
The team is highly externally focused and leverages their expertise to identify potential partners, provide understanding of the competitive landscape and identify opportunities for competitive advantage. The team is also involved in identification and communication of implications of market and consumer trends and in the identification of tools, processes and best practices that may be applicable to OM.
· Translate OM business initiatives and strategies into technology and/or innovation needs and develop plans for identifying and developing solutions.
· As part of the technology strategy deployment efforts, actively manage the OM IP portfolio including IP strategy and decision making. Evolve the IDF review committee to a more proactive team that drives IP development across OM.
· Lead technology development projects of mid to large scope and complexity with a high degree of autonomy. Conduct analysis of results and translate into actionable recommendations.
· Act as a key member of cross-functional teams, providing technical expertise and appropriate linkages back to the RDQ community.
· Monitor the competitive landscape as a way to identify threats and opportunities.
· Lead and/or participate in technology mapping, technology strategy development and other processes to identify a pipeline of technologies and capabilities needed to support the OM Innovation Strategy, Strategic Plans and long-term growth of the OM business.
· B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Engineering, Food Science, Nutrition or another related degree
· Thorough knowledge of the interrelationship of product, process and packaging
· Ability to plan and design well thought out testing procedures, design of experiments, and anticipate next steps and potential problems along with solutions
· Ability to network with other technical areas in formulating new products and solving technical problems
· Ability to partner with cross-functional business team members
· Ability to translate market dynamics and insights into innovation and technology needs
· Experience in Open Innovation, alliance management and/or supplier management
· Experience in Intellectual property management and IP processes/tools
· Familiarity with Competitive Intelligence practices and processes
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com