Food Technologist - Solon OH
Req Number: nest-00010970
Provide ingredient and process renovation and innovation for new and
existing Nestle Professional products by applying technical, Food Science
and culinary skills. Capable of working at a rapid pace to respond to
external and internal demands while simultaneously handling multiple
project requirements. Demonstrates exceptional organizational,
communication, problem solving and project management skills in
interactions with immediate team members, cross-functional groups and external
customers. Demonstrates initiative and able to work both independently and
within a cohesive team environment.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Plan, execute, evaluate and accurately document test work to optimize
product design of assigned projects.
* Coordinate product development and commercialization activities within
immediate work team and within cross-functional groups (planning bench test
work, resources management, communication of key deliverables/outcomes)
* Maintain precise and appropriate documentation to support renovation,
development and commercialization of assigned products.
* Utilize computer systems (recipe, nutritional databases, Globe/SAP,
HACCP, departmental systems)
* Participate in team and departmental activities (taste panels, meetings,
committees, task forces)
* Develop working relationships with key suppliers, Customers, Sales,
Culinary and Business Development Manager contacts
* Assist in training of new hires as required
* Maintain and improve technical, culinary and professional skills through
completion of appropriate training and activities.
* Champion assigned projects through the Nestle Professional systems
Manage projects to achieve sample accuracy and FTQ
AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor Degree in Food Science.
* 5+ years of food industry experience.
* Experience with sauce technology and value-added frozen food, restaurant
and culinary experiences a plus.
* Excellent project management, attention to detail and communication
skills are required. Must have the ability to lead and manage complex
projects from initiation to completion across cross-functional teams.