Food Safety Auditor - CTS Job - USA
Apply now »
Date: May 19, 2011
Location: Various locations available, ,
Safety Auditor - CTS
Business Line: Consumer Testing Services
Requisition Type: Casuals
Job Reference Number: US00833
Publishing Date: 01-13-2011
City: Various locations available
Country: United States
Several positions available for Part-time Auditors across the USA.
The SGS Food Safety Lead Auditor performs timely and accurate audits to
internationally recognized or corporate standards. He/She
commits to excellence in knowledge and practice of all food safety and
The Auditor is responsible for technical review of his work and verifies
all discrepancies with the factory management and the SGS home office.
Frequent overnight travel by car or plane (75%+).
Consumer Testing Services
1. Schedule and conduct the full range of SGS Food Safety & Quality
audits including GFSI and second party schemes.
2. Conduct desk studies and/or follow-up audits to verify the
implementation of the client-approved, corrective action recommendations.
3. Communicate regularly with the home office to develop efficient travel
and audit plans for the completion of all audits.
4. Support SGS's Food Business Division by identifying opportunities to the
Sales Team for additional SGS services (pre-shipment inspections, food
5. Maintain accurate and complete records of all SGS business.
6. Expand Knowledge through training sessions on existing and new audit
7. Perform other duties as requested.
1.High school diploma, or equivalent, plus ten (10) years food processing
experience (food plant experience in a quality assurance position related
to food safety).
2.Certified as a consultant or auditor in at least
GMP/HACCP, and ideally in one of the GFSI benchmarked standards, preferably
SQF and/or BRC.
3.In-depth working knowledge of the manufacture of
multiple categories of food and ingredients.
4. Ability to perform audits in more than one program area and/or ability
to train auditors.
5.Ability to work independently from remote
6.Excellent communication skills (written and
7.Willingness and ability to travel extensively
8.Maintain a valid and current passport, driver's
license and have the ability to travel domestically.
9.Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e.
Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
10.Ability to maintain a profession registration (SQF, BRC, environmental
health, engineering, or related profession).
?Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
?Analytical, decisive, adaptable, ethical, problem solver, persuasive.
?Logical system approach to problem solving
?Ability to write clear and precise reports.
?Team player with ability to operate without close supervision
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement
of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of
the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign
or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Audit, Engineer, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Finance,
Food Service, Healthcare, Hospitality, Part Time, QA, Quality, Quality
Assurance, Safety, Sales, Sales Consultant, Service, Technology, Testing