The Quality Assurance Supervisor - Schaumburg, IL
Nation Pizza and Foods is always looking for men and women who share our belief in working as a team. We believe our future success depends on our ability to work together and communicate efficiently, both to each other and our customers. We attract the best and the brightest the world has to offer. We provide a climate of support and encouragement where people can develop and grow to their full potential.
If you have what it takes to succeed in a growing company, Nation can offer you a bright future. Whether you’re an experienced professional looking to broaden your horizons or a recent graduate searching for your first job, there is a place for you at Nation.
Nation Pizza and Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law. We also provide reasonable accomodations to disabled individuals who can perform their essential job functions with or without such accommodation.
Eligible employees at Nation Pizza Products are provided a wide range of benefits. A number of the programs (such as Social Security, workers’ compensation, state disability, and unemployment insurance) cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law.
Some of the benefits that are offered to eligible employees include:
• Vacation Benefits
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the planning, supervising, and administering Quality control programs designed to ensure continuous production while meeting customer specifications and maintaining food safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitors daily operations to ensure quality products are produced for customers.
· Understands HACCP, SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) and SOP and supports the programs by review and/or documentation of required paperwork.
· Oversees pre-op inspection and reviews pre-op inspection and daily paperwork, shipping pre-shipments.
· Monitors production; inspects product that may have issues; uses the Ross System to add and/or remove product from Hold.
· Assists with annual GMP, HACCP and Allergen training.
· Holds monthly QA and Safety meetings and runs end of the month reports.
· Trains technicians quarterly based on identified requirements.
· Sends paperwork to Docuware and verifies scanned documents.
· Maintains positive relations with USDA Inspector.
· Supervises the department function and processes.
· Supervises department for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
· Oversees the work activities and professional training and development of 6-12 direct reports.
· Works with Manager to attain goals, carry out strategies, plans, and policies to increase profitability and success of the Company.
· Conducts interviews, appraisal performances, on boarding, and disciplinary meetings including terminations.
· Approves payroll and amends Source Time errors for hourly employees.
· Fills out appropriate paperwork, i.e. hiring, termination, replacement, performance evaluations, accident reports, vacation requests, and counseling forms.
· Monitors employee’s adherence to company rules and policies and takes necessary corrective action if needed.
· Assists in reviewing and maintaining crewing levels and optimizing to meet or surpass NPF cost targets.
· Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
· Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
· Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
· Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
· Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
· Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Food Science or related field preferred.
· Assoicate’s Degree required.
· Three (3) years Quality Assurance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of one (1) year Supervisory experience.
· Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
· Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
· Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the organization.
· Sound technical skills, logical ability, and strong problem analysis and resolutions skills with a strong operational focus.
· Ability to demonstrate discretion and business ethics.
· Ability to gather and analyze all types of data, identify the appropriate relationships between the different data, anticipate business directions and recommend fact based decisions.
· Prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines.
· Good interpersonal, as well as strong written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
· Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com