Senior Quality Assurance and Food Safety Specialist – Aramark Philadelphia, PA
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
The Senior Quality Assurance and Food Safety Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise, and strategic guidance to the Safety & Risk Control department and the organization concerning food safety exposures. Individual will support Director – Global Food Safety Quality Assurance to identify current state in the area of food safety and develop and execute ARAMARK policies, programs and standards on a global basis to reduce food safety exposures. The Senior Quality Assurance and Food Safety Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development of strategic plans and executing tactical plans to drive continuous improvement and minimize exposure in the area of food safety quality assurance. Position will be responsible for identifying all types of food safety exposures and developing and implementing sound food safety management programs. In addition, the Senior Quality Assurance and Food Safety Specialist will be responsible for the management of a quality assurance program with external service providers and support ARAMARK’s global quality assurance program through development, implementation, management and continuous improvement via the ARAMARK SAFE Management System framework.
· Manage quality assurance review program which includes third party reviews and Health Department report visibility with external service providers. Participate in “shadow” reviews to ensure program consistency. Conduct and/or coordinate 3rd party field-based food safety assessments to determine adequacy of existing programs, procedures, tools, etc. Assist Line of Business (LOB) clients in identifying exposures associated with Department of Health regulations, while assisting them with regulatory compliance.
· Develop, execute and maintain a national strategy for governance, regulatory compliance, and quality assurance associated with food safety that includes measurement and monitoring to evaluate effectiveness. Partner with ARAMARK’s IT team to create and maintain visible quality assurance program dashboard metrics and reporting system for all levels of management.
· Support development of field friendly food safety processes, programs, procedures, enabling systems, and tools to support ARAMARK’s SAFE Management System and LOB clients. Based on quality assurance and Health Department observations and LOB client needs, build and communicate ARAMARK’s global standards as it relates to food safety.
· Assist LOBs during any alleged foodborne illness outbreaks, and/or any type of other claims associated with food. Support Director – Global Food Safety Quality Assurance during crisis management and ARAMARK’s crisis management team as it relates to food safety, food contamination, etc. Based on learning’s identified during root cause incident investigation from food safety exposure that result in losses to the organization; evolve existing programs and systems to mitigate any potential future risk.
· Assess training needs associated with food safety, and develop structured training programs and determine the appropriate delivery model for required safe food handling training.
· Collaborate with Supply Chain Management in determining vendor/supplier approval criteria. Conduct evaluation and analysis of third party quality assurance reviews for quality, assessor competency, and regulatory compliance. Establish and maintain a performance-based relationship with ARAMARK’s Supply Chain Management team to facilitate third party stewardship meetings to enhance and continuously improve the quality assurance program.
· In cooperation with Manager – Business Development Support and/or Safety & Risk Control Account Executives, provide support during contract review of new and existing business to identify food safety system exposures associated with scope of work.
· Field LOB inquires requiring specific food safety technical support, including assisting LOBs during any alleged complaints, regulatory inspections, and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc. Liaison between local/state/national health jurisdictions to be aware of specific requirements and regulatory trends.
· Bachelor's of Science (required), food science or other specialized food related field of study (MS preferred).
· 8+ years professional experience in food safety required. Experience in management systems or certified food safety professional designation preferred.
· Diverse background/experience in addressing all types of food safety exposures and a proven track record of developing and implementing sound food safety management programs.
· A strong understanding of food safety regulations (US-Required, International-Preferred), and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized food safety schemes (Dutch HACCP, SQF, BRC, ISO, Global GAP, etc.).
· Knowledgeable of ISO 22000 principles (to serve global clients) is desirable.
Working knowledge of quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO etc) is a plus. Must possess strong communication and consultative skills with demonstrated ability to assess potential food safety risks and to propose sound business solutions. Individual must be client focused with strategic and tactical skills to support and sustain organizational change around food safety matters. Individual must be able to collaboratively work across the organization, handle multiple/competing priorities, and solve problems with certainty in dynamic operational environments. Success in this position will also require excellent needs assessment skills, project and time management skills, and ability to develop practical solutions to complex issues.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Additional information for ARAMARK can be found at www.aramark.com.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org