Food Processing Technologist - Thermal Processing - Rancho Dominguez, CA
Purpose of Role:
This position is responsible for supporting thermal process development for shelf stable foods and spans all existing and future packaging formats (can, pouch, flex tub, etc.) as formulated to low acid, acidified, and acid foods. Thermal process development can entail scale-up of novel or existing product and packages, or support commercial and pilot plant Commissioning Validation and Start-Up (CVS) activities of new equipment installations. A high level of collaboration is expected internally with R&D Product and Packaging Development, Innovation, Quality Services, and externally with Operations, Engineering, Service Vendors, and Regulatory.
· Collaboration with product, process and packaging developers on existing and new shelf stable products to deliver product performance (palatability, appearance, etc.), and
food safe regulatory compliance.
· Test plan development, experiment setup and preparation, test execution, and data analysis to quantify key thermal processing parameters (critical factors).
· Assist in the establishment of thermal processes in support of new products/processes and improvement/modifications to existing processes.
· Develop and maintenance of data collections systems for all supporting thermal process data (Ellab/NumeriCAL/CALSoft5/etc.), and ensure calibration adherence.
· Develop and maintenance of all key thermal process data; heat penetration, temperature/heat distribution tests, etc.
· Implement long term thermal process development activities - coordination with Operations Engineering and Product/Process Technology teams.
· Assist in the development of pilot plant capability to deliver optimized process times to factory.
· Contribution to and Involvement with Mars global food stabilization organization.
· Interaction with external thermal process authorities and relationships with regulatory bodies (GMA, IEHINC, FDA, USDA, State of California, etc.).
· Assist in the training of R&D and plant associates to provide basic thermal process background and regulatory requirements.
· Assist in dispositioning deviated product against schedule processes.
· 1-3 years in food processing technical field (engineering, food science, chemistry) with industry experience.
· Strict regimen in laboratory preparedness and documentation diligence.
· Member of Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists (IFTPS).
· Technical degree with 1-3 years industry experience (engineering, food science, chemistry, microbiology).
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
www.mars.comto learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org