Manager, Food Quality/Safety/Environmental - Albuquerque, NM
Each and every day, Sara Lee (NYSE: SLE) delights millions of consumers and customers around the world. The company has one of the world's best-loved and leading portfolios with its innovative and trusted food, beverage, household and body care brands, including Ambi Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo. Collectively, these brands generate more than $13 billion in annual net sales covering approximately 200 countries. The Sara Lee community consists of 44,000 employees worldwide.
Implement and monitor programs and processes necessary to ensure facility remains in compliance with all corporate, federal, state, and local product quality, sanitation, food safety, safety, and environmental requirements,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages, maintains, publishes, and submits all corporate, federal, state, and local regulatory compliance documents
· Assist plant manager and department heads with plant projects.
· Works as a mentor but holds the Production and Engineering Manager's accountable to comply with all required procedures and processes.
· Supervises and assigns the work of a sanitation crew of 12
· Manages the size of the sanitation crew to correspond with needs of plant, production volume, and compliance requirements
· Establishes audit requirements to ensure compliance in Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Environmental regulations
· Oversees all audit results, evaluates trends, communicates results, and establishes action plans to ensure plant remains in compliance with regulatory requirements
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· BA or BS preferred. Food Safety, Occupational Safety and/or Environmental concentration preferred.
· 2+ years experience in quality, safety, sanitation, or environmental management - food manufacturing industry preferred with at least two years of supervisory experience
· Knowledge of appropriate federal, state, county, city and institutional regulations regarding food-processing operations.
· Familiarity with FDA, OSHA, DEQ, and AIB regulatory requirements
· Good problem solving techniques including knowledge of LEAN and or Six Sigma methodologies.
· Proven success with managing in a team oriented environment
· Extended shifts and weekend overtime expected
· Ability to work within a union environment
· Good written and oral communications skills
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and other ERP database platforms
· Excellent communication skills.
· Must be self-directed and able to work without close supervision - position
· requires high energy and motivation and a strong desire to drive positive change.
· Minimum travel required.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Number of Openings
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com