The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance (QA) Technician
American Almond Products Co., Inc. - Brooklyn, NY
The QA Technician provides assistance in the maintenance and oversight of the quality system as it applies to daily operations and the microbiological testing of food products and environmental samples.
The QA Technician shall report directly to the Food Safety Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific job responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
· Assist in the ongoing management of all aspects of quality program. Includes maintaining SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and product specification for all product lines.
· Monitor processing parameters (temperature, weight, equipments calibration and others) to satisfy HACCP program requirements.
· Monitor compliance with applicable laws, regulations and food safety standards issued by FDA and other federal, state, and local agencies involved with food safety activities.
· Ensure that standards for personal hygiene are met and implements corrective actions where needed.
· Support the oversight of the company’s sanitation program.
· Collect samples for the company’s environmental and product testing program, including ongoing laboratory testing of environment, raw material, and finished product.
· Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or minimum two years experience in a food manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to regularly handle large volumes of technical reports and information in an organized manner.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with others orally and in writing, with a basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel; bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
Benefit package available, to include medical insurance, sick leave, vacation time, paid holidays.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com