Responsible for implementing, managing, monitoring and
verifying food safety in accordance with the company’s good manufacturing
practices and good agricultural practices, standardized requirements,
policies, and procedures. Work directly with growers, vendors/suppliers,
harvesters, transporters, and packers to provide technical support and
assistance, resolve technical issues, promote, implement, monitor and
verify compliance with good agricultural practices and good manufacturing
1. Ensure that all Company Food Safety
requirements are met.
2. Develop Personnel Performance Objectives that drive business goals and
achieve compliance with overall Company Quality and Food Safety
3. Ability to train employees at all levels concerning Company
Specifications, Food Safety Requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices and
Good Agricultural Practices.
1. Four-year degree (BA or BS) in Crop Science, Biology, or
Agriculture related field.
2. 2 years of inspection or quality assurance experience in an agricultural
or food manufacturing environment.
3. Proven ability to lead teams and initiate constructive change without
4. Computer proficient in Excel, Access, Word, etc…
5. Solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Good
Agricultural Practices (GAP) requirements and proven experience in sound
decision making to protect the consumer and the company name
6. Bilingual a plus.
7. Possess Valid California Drivers License.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.