The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager-CHI00288 – Chicago, IL
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill, Incorporated is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for its rapidly growing Industrial Oils & Lubricants (IOL) business which supplies renewable ag-based solutions primarily to the construction, oil field, asphalt, paints and coatings, dielectric fluid, foam and lubricants industries. Cargill’s access to renewable feedstocks and chemistry know-how combine to support this rapidly growing Business Unit (BU).
The QA Manager will manage the Quality Function for IOL in North America, including managing the
production laboratory at the Chicago Plant and supervising and developing QA
personnel. The QA Manager will manage and develop quality systems that meet
the growing needs of the Chicago Plant and the BU. Responsible for product
quality for all IOL products, those sourced elsewhere as well as those
manufactured in Chicago. Be the voice of quality throughout the business,
i.e. represent quality to other BU functions and to IOL customers. Act
as the key interface with customers on quality issues.
· 25% - Develop and institute quality processes and systems to support IOL business growth (e.g. MOC, new chemical review, UniLab implementation, processes for blind shipments, toll producers).
· 25% - Staffing, supervising and developing QA personnel at the Chicago Plant.
· 15% - Manage existing quality processes and documentation. including product quality documentation for all IOL North American products, those produced in Chicago and those sourced elsewhere.
· 15% - Work with IOL customers on quality issues, including customer complaints.
· 10% - Develop relationships with other Cargill quality professionals and leverage Cargill know-how, systems, etc.
· 10% - Support operation improvements by providing product and process data and analysis to improve product quality.
· 4 year degree or above in a scientific field (Chemistry is preferred)
· 7+ years experience in QA function in a processing environment (food, pharmaceutical, chemical, etc.)
· 3+ years supervisory experience
· 3+ years experience interacting with external customers
· Knowledge of Quality Management systems
· Knowledge of analytical instrumentation and wet chemistry analyses
· Experience implementing QA processes
· 10+ years QA experience
· 5+ years supervisory experience
· Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and its application
· Experience with the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality management systems
· Proven experience in building a QA group
· Proven experience with cross functional teams
· Proven skill with team building
· Ability to work well with others across the business
· Ability to work with Applications R&D and Commercial teams in the introduction of new products
· SAP experience
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com