The successful candidate applies scientific and engineering principles in
the development and application of flavor and seasoning systems for the
meat processing industry.
- Development and application of food systems in a broad range of
seasoning formulas for the meat processing industry including marinades,
rubs, glazes, sauces, topicals, sausage
seasoning and others.
- Conducts applications testing at the laboratory and pilot scale in meat
- Tests new products in test kitchen and develops specific processing
methods in laboratory pilot plant.
- Assists in production scale ups and trial runs at customer sites.
- Confers with process engineers, flavor experts, and packaging and
marketing specialists to resolve problems.
- Professionally represents Kerry in interacting with customers, saleforce, operations, quality and marketing teams;
occasionally makes customer presentations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelors, Masterís, or PhD in Food Science or related discipline. Some
travel is required visiting customers and production facilities.
- Possesses familiarity with a range of flavor profiles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.