Sr. Food Scientist - Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids, MI 49501 ( Map it )
$60,000 - $85,000 /Year
888-228-7169 instantly fax your resume >>
Please communicate with me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumť]
FORTUNE 500 COMPANY LOCATED IN THE MIDWEST IS LOOKING FOR:
Education and Experience
∑ Masterís degree in Food Science, Food Technology or related field (Animal Science, Food Industries) preferred. Bachelors minimum.
∑ Eight (8) to ten (10) years experience in an food R&D environment
∑ Computer proficient in Access, PowerPoint, MS word, MS excel as well as having the capability to learn and adapt to new software as required b the company
Daily / Weekly / Irregular
I. Job Summary
This position entails multiple responsibilities for a multitude of R&D related facets. It manages continuous flow of technological innovation, and product innovation by attending trade shows and conferences and works closely with consulting companies, accelerates and facilitates product design and start ups. This position will be a sole food scientist for all co-manufactured, co- developed products and COMPANY manufactured products. Activities will include but are not limited to technical audits at co-manufacturing plants, Product Development and involvement in the testing of new technologies in conjunction with the Process Systems, Operations.
The R&D Sr. Principal Scientist will manage strategic and special New Product Development projects for both Company Brand and Foods, as assigned by the Director of R&D or the R&D Manager. This position will be working in a team effort to support the company goals. This position will work in a Pilot Plant environment and Operational environment alike. This position requires strong background in culinary, food science, science and consumer end packaging design.
This position is required to use PLM and PBL and any other systems as set forth by the company.
This position requires a person who is very strong in practical and technical skills in the field of new product and process development for any food products as they may apply to the business strategies of Company Brand and Foods. This position must have the ability to use consumer research and sensory research data to optimize products during the development phase. Once given input data, this position develops the output for design, design spreadsheets. This position will assist and support in the implementation of Stage/Gate methodology. This position must have the ability to integrate their technical strengths with creativity in new product development and process design. Requires the ability to direct and handle multiple tasks at one time. It is essential, that the person have the ability to communicate the department mission and objectives in a clear and persuasive manner. This position requires the ability, to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, and the ability to resolve conflict with minimal assistance.
II. Essential Duties Functions
1. Take all measures to ensure distributor / customer total satisfaction.
2. Report to Director if snags develop in the progression of projects.
3. Coordinate with Director of R&D or Director of Foods, special tests as needed to improve processes or products.
4. Conduct technical audits and assist in the sourcing technically and financially stable and viable co-manufacturers and consultants etc.
5. Schedule design reviews at appropriate stages with Director of R&D and departments, such as Sales, Marketing etc.
6. Perform the projects as assigned by Director of R&D or Director of Foods.
7. Attend interdepartmental or cross-functional meetings as needed to discuss new/existing product and project progress/issues.
8. Maintain accurate records on project files, milestone charts, design reviews, product formulations, yield data, procedures and costing analysis pertinent to oneís own projects for both Company projects and Foods projects.
9. Work closely with consultants on projects to streamline product development and start-up.
10. Monitor sample requests for presentations and reviews.
11. Exercises good leadership and communication skills.
12. Help build and maintain an effective R & D team and systems.
13. Communicate effectively with all customers (internal and external).
14. Ensure all department requirements & Standard Operating Procedures (SOPís) and conformance to Companys Quality Systems are met.
15. Actively participate in research, justification and implementation involved in long range planning of the department and product lines.
16. Read Trade publications, attend national and international trade shows and seminars to keep up with food trends and technology and innovation.
17. Keep up with food laws and regulatory requirements.
18. Analyze and review market trends.
19. Analyzing of competitive product lines.
Requirements see above
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com