Senior Food Technologist - Emporia, KS
Nationwide Technical & Executive Search, Inc. - Emporia, KS 66801
Created on Jun 01, 2011
Senior Food Technologist
NATURE AND SCOPE/PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
The Senior Food Technologist is responsible for the development of new products and / or improvement of existing products to meet strategic business objectives and provide customer support. Reporting to the Director of Research & Development, the Senior Food Technologist assumes complete ownership for a range of products. The role spans the full length of the product development cycle, which includes conceptual development, formulation, implementation, validation and continuous management and improvement. Products must be continuously improved to remain contemporary in response to target brand changes or customer needs. This individual will work closely with the technical staff of customers or suppliers. They also develop a sense of the complete product line integration of the customer rather than just project management. Work will be conducted largely independent of the supervisor although they are to be continually updated on project progress.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Develop, scale-up, and commercialize new products in accordance with company guidelines.
2. Suggest technology projects and participate as directed by supervisor to enhance formulation flexibility and/or product performance.
3. Manage existing product portfolio. Review all products for compliance to standards as well as performance and make suggestions/initiate projects to correct deficiencies.
4. Lead supply chain initiatives including formula transfer among plants, evaluation of new suppliers of raw materials, increased or decreased use of existing raw materials, and evaluation of processing parameters.
5. Participate in project teams to evaluate product non-conformance incidence with products under their responsibility. Develop knowledge of critical process points in conjunction with process engineering group. Collect and analyze information as required to analyze raw material/process interactions.
1. A B.S. in Meat Science or Animal Science, or Food Science with 3 years experience in product development and/or technical services is required. Experience requirements are commensurate with education.
2. Experience in commercial product development and in the pet food industry is desirable, particularly if it involves canned pet foods. Knowledge of animal nutrition and food formulation is a plus.
3. A working knowledge of current pet food regulations in various countries is desirable. Knowledge of specific requirements in the US is essential to successful job performance.
4. Must have leadership qualities and flexibility with respect to job requirements.
5. Ability to work in a teamwork environment is critical. Negotiation and selling skills are also a plus. Must have good written and verbal communication skills at articulating technical information to individuals with various levels of technical competence. Commitment to quality and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business is essential.
6. Problem-solving skills are essential. Must be extremely well organized. Must be able to multi-task numerous projects simultaneously with some degree of independence.
7. Must have excellent computer skills with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Concept 5 is a plus. Will be expected to quickly learn the business integration software suites including JDE and IQS.
Please call 800.407.1215 if you have any questions about this position
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com