India: Jaipur: 152 ill after food poisoning

4 Jun 2009, 1820 hrs IST, PTI

Source of Article:

JAIPUR: As many as 152 people, including children, were taken ill after they consumed food at a dinner hosted by local here, police said on



They complained of vomiting and stomach ache after having food yesterday at a dinner organised by a railway employee on his retirement in Chapoli village in Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu district.

Hundred and seventeen people were admitted to the Chapoli government dispensary and 35 rushed to the Udaipurwati hospital where their condition is said to be stable, they said.

The state Medical and Health department rushed its team to collect the food samples and supervise the treatment, a senior official said here.





Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please  send your email to