Food Safety, Quality Assurance Manager
Cytosport - Benicia, CA 94510
Created on Jun 01, 2012
CytoSport, the maker of Muscle Milk, is among the largest sport nutrition protein beverage companies in the U.S. and offers a complete line of protein-enhanced powders, shakes and bars. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and flexible QA Manager to work at our headquarters in Benicia, CA.
This position reports to the Director of Quality and Compliance, and will plan and manage the implementation of quality systems so that quality requirements for products are fulfilled. Position is responsible for managing Quality Assurance personnel. Essential QA Manager responsibilities are:
· Oversee and Monitor internal Quality Systems
· Component Specification Management
· Execute and Manage Stability Studies
· Document Control Management and Annual controlled document reviews
· Finished Product Specification Execution and Management
· Manage company Training Program
· Manage company Pest Control Program
· Manage company Glass & Brittle Plastic Program
· Manage Internal Audit Program
· Monitor Corrective and Preventive Action
· Oversee Environmental Monitoring program
· Execute Change Control
· Review and Approve documentation for Supplier Qualification
· Approve and Monitor Deviations to Processes
· Manage Allergen Control Program
· Calibration Program Management
· Off site plant audits (if applicable)
· Execute and Manage finished product disposition and release
· Oversee compliance to the label revision process
· Assist in investigating customer and consumer complaints
· Supervise staff, interface with department managers, teambuilding
· Mentor and motivate personnel to ensure professional growth and continuous improvement in quality, efficiency, delivery and safety
· Support sales in completing customer compliance documents (as needed)
· Review and audit documents for accuracy
· Ongoing label review to ensure compliance
· Upgrade Quality Control laboratory and implement Good Laboratory Practices
· Create a culture of safety and teamwork in the department and ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures
· Keep abreast of industry trends and new regulations
· Miscellaneous projects as needed
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, seasoned manager, a mentor, leader, collaborator, and team-player with the following experience:
· Thorough knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices for Foods and Dietary Supplements.
· Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices and basic laboratory equipment .
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
· Excellent analytical skills coupled with strong problem solving skills.
· Detail oriented with excellent follow up and customer service skills.
· Good Leadership skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Position requires interfacing with several departments.
· Position requires flexibility, careful attention to details, and ability to multi-task.
The educational background we are looking for is:
· College degree and 8-10 years of industry experience preferred
· Chemistry background preferred.
· Minimum 8-10 years regulatory, food, pharmaceutical and plant manufacturing experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of regulations for food and dietary supplement label compliance.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
CytoSport offers full medical benefits, 401k, FSA, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, an on-site gym, fantastic people and a growing, fast paced, exciting environment. For more information on Muscle Milk or additional CytoSport products, visti: www.cytosport.com
Serious Candidates only please.
CytoSport is EOE, M/F, D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com