Product Development Technologist-RAN00220
The position is a key enabler in delivery of the short and
medium term innovation pipeline together and in collaboration with the
cross-functional project team. The position is expected to - execute the
product development part of an agreed set of projects and ensure flawless
execution into the plant. This position is interfacing with other R&D
functions, the brand managers, the cross functional activity team, the
sales group and the purchasing and supply department.
Key Responsibilities/Principle Accountabilities:
· Responsible for on time delivery of a portfolio of
projects under one or several brands and multiple product technologies in
accordance with business targets and processes.
· Responsible to ensure smooth execution and successful
delivery of projects by applying good practices of project management
Responsible for the development of prototypes, new product, recipes and
technologies across multiple product format and technology. This includes
organizing and leading pilot plant and small scale factory trials.
· Accountable & Responsible to use creativity and
innovation to solve product development challenges during experiments,
trials and production runs. Recommend alternative courses of action and
changes in product design.
· Responsible to organize and deliver required product
testing and validation prior to launch.
· Responsible for the delivery and achievement of new and
existing product performance Accountable & Responsible for the creation
and set-up of formulas, raw material specifications and finish product
· Support programs related to qualification of new
vendors and initiative related to the reduction of COGS and supply or
· Responsible for self-development and acquisition of new
skills, competencies and knowledge.
· Responsible to develop, maintain and leverage a network
of experts in different fields inside and outside the MARS Global Food
Network and ensure transfer of technology and insights in the organization.
Mars Effectiveness Competencies:
· Action Oriented
Decision Making Authority:
· Product design, recipe ,raw material finish goods
specifications and approval for his/her brand responsibilities
· Innovation Pipeline options for segment growth
· Resolution of quality issues in concert with Quality
· Budgetary requirements
degree in food science, biology, Chemistry, Physics or Engineering
· A minimum of 2
years' Food Production and Technical Research and Development experience
· Proficiency in
· Strong knowledge in food formulation and chemistry,
product development, process development and common manufacturing processes
used in the food and pet food industry.
· Comfortable around ambiguity and willingness to ask
questions, take risks and bring solutions to manageable situations.
· Highly motivated and committed to deliver business
· Knowledge of, food preparation and GMP – (Good
· Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with no
restrictions; ability to lift 40lbs
· Travel to other Mars’s sites and vendors required up to
20%, and may require up to 50% based on project requirements
· MBA / Master's
degree (Chemistry, Physics or Engineering)
of technical R&D to include and apply mathematical and scientific
principles, and the ability to solve and recommend technical solutions for
innovative product design
· Demonstrated strong capability for project management,
team work and communication leading to outstanding deliveries and business
· Strong ability to work in multicultural environment and
with people coming from different discipline and business areas
· Strong ability to work efficiently within a
· Autonomous, intellectually agile and curious to find
and develop opportunities