Quality Assurance Specialist - Topco Associates, Inc.
Department/Location: QUALITY ASSURANCE
Reports directly to: QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, promotes the delivery of optimal Quality Assurance services and standards by ensuring all department protocols and procedures are in compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CRITERIA
Successful performance of these job functions should result in:
· Ongoing delivery to members of products that conform to Topco specifications.
· Standards for product/facility approval are completed.
· Appropriate approval or rejection of products according to evaluation results.
· Timely and current maintenance of specifications.
· Effective audits of member and competing products.
· Assistance with the development of new items.
· Documentation is followed for all protocols and procedures.
· Maintenance of clean and orderly working areas and sample rotation.
· Prompt resolution of consumer and member complaints.
· Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology, Food and Nutrition or another relevant discipline preferred.
· Knowledge of consumer product testing, laboratory procedures and statistical and quality sampling measures, or experience conferring equivalent skills.
· Knowledge of product/quality measurement skills.
· Knowledge of all Microsoft applications. Microsoft Access knowledge a plus.
· Two years of related experience required.
· Ability to work independently without close supervision on a daily basis.
· Ability to regularly handle large volumes of technical reports and information in an organized manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others orally and in writing.
· Ability to work effectively and in a professional manner with people at all levels, including supplier personnel.
· Ability and willingness to travel by air or car as required.
• Communicates effectively and candidly in both verbal and written communications
• Communications are inclusive of the necessary audience to gain desired results
• Puts the member and/or customer first
• Follows up to closure
• Plans project strategies and acts them out accordingly
• Includes necessary resources and keeps all informed throughout projects
Focus on results
• Drives projects to yield desired results
• Establishes and stays within project timelines
• Utilizes negotiation skills effectively to manage projects and outcomes
Organizational Skills/Project management
• Utilizes a systematic, organized approach to project management.
• Executes consistently against the system and utilizes it to manage projects and reduce turnaround times on core responsibilities
• Understands the roles and responsibilities of the various team members in the various disciplines
• Utilizes all team resources to benefit overall project results and resolution of issues.
CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Senior QA Specialist
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com