QA TECHNICIAN (FOOD AND
BEVERAGE) at SunOpta in Buena Park, CA
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (SEASONAL)
Quality Assurance Technician with daily responsibilities to include: audit
plant operations, coordinate in-process and finished product release,
facilitate process control and quality improvement efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor and audit sanitation processes
• Inspect process control points, Critical Control Points, and Essential
• Perform sensory evaluations of ingredients and product
• Provide technical support; provide training and skill development to
production personnel on various quality and food safety techniques.
• Technician will be expected to be knowledgeable on quality systems and
• Must be able to work all three shifts and weekends when required. Entry
level position with developmental opportunities for advancement and growth
within the SunOpta Quality organization.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS (licenses, certifications,
• High School or GED
• Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related
science field or equivalent required.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to operate basic office equipment.
• Be able to multi-task.
• Ability to think and connect related ideas as they arise in different
• Successful candidate must be willing to relocate.
• Candidate must have strong communication, organization and interpersonal
skills as well as demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Should enjoy working in a team environment and possess a positive attitude.
• Should be fluent in English (speaking and writing)