Quality Assurance Manager – Food – S. San Francisco, CA
About the Job
An exiciting opportunity to join a well established company with a nationally recognized product and be part of their growth plans. The successful candidate will develop and lead Quality Assurance programs and activities that will improve the production of products. Assure compliance with company policies, food safety standards and government regulations. Lead team of Quality Technicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the on-site liaison with USDA regulatory officials, compliance auditors and other external personnel.
• Manage Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) assessments and reassessments. Compose and edit HACCP plans and strategies for new products. Manage HACCP records and file maintenance.
• Manage daily pre-operational, operational, and mid-shift inspections.
• Assure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
• Manage the Quality Assurance Department and supervise Quality Assurance Technicians.
• Manage Raw Material Quality program. Work with R&D to revise raw material specifications based on capability assessment.
• Manage shelf life and other inventory related studies for product quality and food safety.
• Manage ingredient, nutritional and claim labeling requirements in accordance with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and USDA (Dept. of Agriculture) regulations and standards.
• Assist in addressing and providing resolutions to customer and vendor complaints.
• Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in meat or poultry processing operations required - 10+ preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in quality assurance, control, or compliance in meat or poultry processing operations required.
• Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or Meat Science required.
• Experience and knowledge of meat processing operations required.
• Excellent knowledge of HACCP and the proven ability to write HACCP plans required.
• Working knowledge of regulations and guidelines imposed upon meat poultry operations by federal and state agencies and authorities required.
Qualified candidate should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Food and Beverage Production
Relevant Work Experience
7+ to 10 Years
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
85,000.00 - 95,000.00 USD /year
Job Reference Code
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com