& Food Safety Manager – Long Island, NY
the quality assurance and food safety programs of all Hain
Celestial Group (HCG) food and support Quality Control for personal care
products in order to protect our customers, brands, partners, employees,
shareholders, and our Company’s security by developing and implementing a
comprehensive quality and food safety system across all Hain-owned
and co-manufacturing facilities in accordance with the the
Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the 2010 Food Safety Modernization Act
(FSMA), cGMPs, and Company Best Practices and
identifying productivity initiatives together with Operations to contribute
to the company’s profitability.
New York (Lake Success, Long Island)
Job Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and/or implement audit schedule across Corporate QA department, as
assigned for Hain-owned and co-packer food and
support to personal care facilities, including dietary supplements,
over-the-counter (OTC) and drugs to assure compliance with Quality and Safety
Systems Programs, as required based on risk assessment.
2. Assign Corp QA staff and/or maintain Supplier Audit Program, as assigned
by completing periodic ingredient supplier audits and finished good mock
recalls based on business risk and volume.
3. Assess and implement relevant quality and food safety regulations
promulgated by the Food Safety Modernization Act by working together with
Operations and manufacturing facilities.
4. Manage ingredient and finished product quality, food safety and FDA holds;
work with planning department to ensure products on hold and release are
released on time and dispositions are completed.
5. Lead quality initiatives with Corp QA staff for all new business
acquisitions as well as market actions for HCG products.
6. Maintain and communicate updated Quality and Food Safety Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP)’s in accordance with FSMA to all Hain-owned and co-manufacturing facilities.
7. Direct quality assurance for new product development by working together
with Corp QA staff, Purchasing, R&D, Regulatory and plant QC during the
commercialization of new products, including auditing and qualifying new
potential co-packers, specification development and documentation.
8. Ensure Hain manufacturing and co-manufacturing
are meeting production efficiencies without compromising quality as well as
delivering against productivity initiatives identified by Ops and Technical
Improvement & Brand Maintenance
9. Direct Corp QA staff in working with Consumer Relations to identify key
performance indicators for top brands, track complaint data and developing
corrective action plan with assigned co-packers and Hain
manufacturing facilities for quality improvement initiatives in an effort to
reduce top complaints identified by the company.
10. Provide technical direction and responses to consumers and customer
requests; handle product inquires and follow up on retrieved complaints as
identified by Consumer Relations.
11. Prioritize all technical information requests, such as product
registration requirements for international customers, including Hutchinson Hain Organic (HHO) joint venture partners.
12. Identify employee and organizational developmental opportunities to
enhance knowledge of relevant QA and Food Safety-related topics.
1-2 junior professionals (optional)
Bachelor’s Degree in food sciences, food process engineering or appropriate
• 3-5 years work-related experience in food and/or
personal care product, process development or quality assurance.
• Strong understanding of US food manufacturing including Food GMPs, SOPs,
HACCP/Food Safety, auditing and inspections as well as environmental
• Supervisory/management experience is a plus.
• Experience with quality assurance of dietary supplements and/or OTC is a
• Experience with regulatory requirements at manufacturing level,
specifically organic and kosher certification
• Familiarity with applicable federal, state and local laws both domestically
• International quality assurance and food safety experience is a plus.
• Exceptional business acumen and effective communication skills, both
internally including with executive staff as well as externally with
regulatory inspectors, auditors, co-manufacturers and industry members.
• Strong ability to handle complexity and judgment in order to quickly
problem solve and make judicious decisions regarding product quality and
• Approximately 20% business travel is required
may apply for this position by clicking on the Submit button below. Please
include salary history. No phone calls, please.
Drug Free Workplace