Food Safety Auditors - CTS Job
Various Locations Available, , US
SGS is continually looking for Part-time Food Auditors across the Midwest and
Eastern US. Currently we have openings in the following areas: Minneapolis,
MN; Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Dallas, TX; Nashville, TN; NY/NJ; and
The SGS Food Safety Lead Auditor performs timely and accurate audits to
internationally recognized or corporate standards. He/She
commits to excellence in knowledge and practice of all food safety and
quality regulations. The Auditor is responsible for technical review of his
work and verifies all discrepancies with the factory management and the SGS
home office. Frequent overnight travel by car or plane (75%+).
Consumer Testing Services
1. Schedule and conduct the full range of SGS Food Safety & Quality
audits including GFSI and second party schemes.
2. Conduct desk studies and/or follow-up audits to verify the implementation
of the client-approved, corrective action recommendations.
3. Communicate regularly with the home office to develop efficient travel and
audit plans for the completion of all audits.
4. Support SGS's Food Business Division by identifying opportunities to the
Sales Team for additional SGS services (pre-shipment inspections, food
5. Maintain accurate and complete records of all SGS business.
6. Expand Knowledge through training sessions on existing and new audit
7. Perform other duties as requested.
1. High school diploma, or equivalent, plus ten (10) years food processing
experience (food plant experience in a quality assurance position related to
2. Certified as a consultant or auditor in at least GMP/HACCP, and ideally in
one of the GFSI benchmarked standards, preferably SQF and/or BRC.
3. In-depth working knowledge of the manufacture of multiple categories of
food and ingredients.
4. Ability to perform audits in more than one program area and/or ability to
5. Ability to work independently from remote location.
6. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
7. Willingness and ability to travel extensively domestically.
8. Maintain a valid and current passport, driver's license and have the
ability to travel domestically.
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook,
10. Ability to maintain a profession registration (SQF, BRC, environmental
health, engineering, or related profession).
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal
§ Analytical, decisive, adaptable,
ethical, problem solver, persuasive.
§ Logical system approach to problem
§ Ability to write clear and precise
§ Team player with ability to operate
without close supervision
§ Computer literate
SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put
your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow.
- The requirements listed above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of the
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of
essential functions, duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general
description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s
rights to assign, change or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Audit, Engineer, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Finance, Food
Safety, Healthcare, QA, Quality, Quality Assurance, Safety, Service,