Food Scientist-12003674 – Marshall, MN
The Schwan Food Company (Schwan’s) is looking for a Food Scientist to join our Product Innovation & Development team in Marshall, MN. This position, under general supervision, is responsible for leading product development projects, developing moderately complex formulas, processing procedures, and specifications for new products, product enhancement, and cost reductions to meet project parameters and Business Unit strategies. This individual may also provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Operations, and external customers.
· Uses science to study the principles underlying the processing and deterioration of foods; analyze food content; discover new food sources; research ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, and healthful; and apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
· Develops experimental formulas, processing procedures, and specifications for raw ingredients, subassemblies, and finished products for simple new products, product improvements, and cost reductions that meet project parameters of established pricing, marketing goals, food regulations, and operation feasibility.
· Organizes and manages moderately complex test runs to validate or modify experimental formulas and processing procedures to develop final specifications for the production of finished products and ensure reproducibility.
· Works with team members to ensure successful start-ups of new products, product improvements, cost reductions, and ingredient formula specification or process changes.
· Evaluates ingredients and processing techniques to identify and commercialize simple product improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
· Evaluates, confirms acceptability, creates/updates specifications, and implements proposed ingredients or process for Supplier Optimization.
· Provides technical solutions to production issues as it relates to ingredient formulas, processing procedures, and specifications to ensure continuous production of existing products and maintain product quality and safety.
· Documents work according to established procedures and guidelines, provides timely and effective oral and written communication, and prepares various project reports for team and leader to ensure complete communication of project status, progress issues, solutions timeline, and accountability.
· Supports innovation in the development of new ideas, products, or product platforms through ideation sessions and bench-top experimentation, and effectively communicates the concept.
Education & Experience Required:
· Completion of the coursework for a Master's degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Foods and Nutrition Studies, Cereal Science, Biological Sciences, or related field;
· A Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Foods and Nutrition Studies, Cereal Science, Biological Sciences, or related field, AND at least 3 years experience in a position conducting research on food products.
Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable if substantially equivalent to the requirements stated above.
· Intermediate communication and interpersonal skills.
· Intermediate PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word;
· Intermediate knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, Physics, Chemistry, and Statistics
· Intermediate knowledge and understanding of food ingredients, food chemistry, food processing, and food functionality;
· Ability to comprehend moderately complex technical articles, research papers, or presentations; Must be able to apply technical knowledge learned;
· Intermediate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and offer solutions;
· Ability to taste and ingest any type of food product currently under development.
· Prior experience in Product Development preferred.
: US-Minnesota-MARSHALL-MN-1604 SUPERIOR RD (0761)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com