Food Safety Specialist - Alexandria, KY
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Organization/coordination of the following as it relates to the development, implementation and maintenance of the HACCP Plan: Hazard Analysis; Corrective action; Validation; Verification; Reassessment; Records; Training; USDA Agency verification.
• Organization/Coordination of the following as it relates to the development, implementation and maintenance of the SSOP's: Provide verification and follow-up with all department supervision; Training programs; Assure documentation for all parts of plant SSOP's; Provide support and verification for all USDA actions and measures; Assure equipment, personal hygiene, receiving, storage and shipping in regards to product food safety concerns.
• Submit quarterly report to the HACCP steering committee to be signed by HACCP Coordinator, Quality Assurance Manager and Operations Director.
• Coordinate external audits as designated by Sara Lee Corporation and provide follow up action plans to assure compliance.
• Develop and execute SQF Plans to achieve/maintain SQF Level 3 Certification at the facility and to meet all Sara Lee Corporation requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
• Oversee plant relationship with SQF Certification Body.
• Assure Facility meets all requirements related to SQF Trademark use.
• Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all SQF 2000 System requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals -Building and Equipment DeSign and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals -Pre-requisite Programs.
• Train and maintain all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all employees at the facility.
• Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
• Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
• Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
• Reassess HACCP and SQF plan(s) at least annually or whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, eqUipment, industry philosophy, technology. etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or related field.
• 4+ years of food processing experience, with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment under USDA and/or FDA and HACCP.
• 1+ year facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
• Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety and plant regulatory affairs
• HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm
• SQF practitioner certification recommended, but not required.
• Possess a thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities
• Comprehensive experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
• Must have strong organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and PhYSical hazards with a thorough understanding of the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step of a production process
• Able to work with cross functional departments within the organization Good problem solving skills
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate approximately $4 billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America.
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org