Sr. Dir. Food Safety and Microbiology-1100128 – Glenview, IL
Kraft Foods is currently seeking to fill the role of Sr. Director, Food Safety and Microbiology. As an industry leader in Food Safety, we are looking for an individual who can provide global leadership and be a champion regarding Kraft's strong commitment to food safety.
Reporting Directly to the Vice President of Quality, Food Safety and Scientific Affairs , this position is responsible to create and lead all strategies for Food Safety, Microbiology, and Toxicology for all categories and brands on a worldwide basis. The person will develop policies and procedures for applying food safety science to market the portfolio of Kraft's products. In addition, the position provides risk assessment information, new technology information and risk management strategies in support of new product development. It advises cross-functional product groups including Marketing, Research and Development, Operations, Corporate Affairs and Legal on product decisions and provides critical input as well as external strategic leadership in influencing legislative and regulatory organizations on behalf of Kraft.
This position proactively identifies emerging food safety issues and develops strategies to manage and provides trained and experienced knowledge in diverse technical fields and applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Initiate and execute the WW strategies to manage food safety, microbiological and toxicological risks across the product portfolio and proactively coordinate the development of action plans by working closely with all functions across the value chain. Provide leadership on cross-functional teams to assess and communicate appropriate risk management with significant complexity across multiple regions.
· Direct and develop the food safety organization by upgrading skills and offering skill-enhancing assignments. Coach and mentor employees on key business linkages and organization agility to operate an optimal food safety organization. Manage a WW department in various locations to ensure a highly skilled and motivated group of experts.
· Liaise with RD&Q senior leaders to identify technology application opportunities to ensure relevant advances are delivered to support new product development while using risk based decision making to determine appropriate level of risk management.
· Take the lead role in risk assessment activity throughout the value chain and develop action plans on areas of improvement, following up on progress and proactively assisting in issue resolution. Align to ensure established standards are consistently met.
· Establish and maintain key contacts with relevant external organizations and experts to ensure rapid data assimilation and Kraft representation. Proactively assess available data and expert information to foresee and quickly react to potential and emerging issues. Direct research programs to best reflect the needs of Kraft including participation/representation in expert panels, regulatory, governmental and scientific bodies through recognized expertise
This role interfaces with the EVP of Research Development and Quality and meets regularly with the Business Unit R&D and Operations Vice Presidents. This individual works closely with Chief legal council, Corporate Affairs and the Special Situation management team. Externally, this individual works closely with Quality and Safety Vice Presidents, Directors and trade association Sr. Vice Presidents. They also meet frequently with Regulatory agency Sr. leaders e.g. Chief Science Officer, FDA.
This role has responsibility for a global organization comprised of 14 direct reports and 44 indirect reports.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Toxicology or other food safetey related science, with an advanced degree preferred.
· Demonstrated strategic ability
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience in managing and developing large groups of individuals in multiple locations
· Strong leadership skills
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com