Manager - Packaging Vendor Quality
Date: Jun 5, 2013
Location: Barrington, IL, USA
High profile leadership position reporting to the
Director Supplier Quality Assurance, Americas Beverages. Your primary role
will be to provide assurance that suppliers in the Americas know and adhere
to our quality & food safety systems standards and specifications.
Included are ~ 17 industries, ~ 100+ suppliers, and ~ 500+ supplier producing
locations. In this role you will support the successful creation of global
vendor standards and specifications, the successful creation and
administration of global vendor audits, the successful development and
implementation of a Global Supplier Quality Assurance Process including
appropriate risk assessment for prioritization, and appropriate incoming
ingredient and packaging testing in support of providing quality inputs
(ingredients/packaging) into the PepsiCo system. This will be accomplished
through the effective and efficient collaboration and coordination of a wide
array of stakeholders (Product Development, Supply Chain, Procurement,
Commercialization, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Quality and
Technical) including ongoing verification of supplier quality performance.
· Ensure regulatory and microbiological requirements/challenge testing are identified, specified, and completed, along with appropriate shelf life and stability testing at either our vendors or through our own trust but verify testing.
· Review and advise global assessments of, co-packer, third party and vendor facilities to ensure compliance to established procedures, requirements and specifications for the use of new ingredients prior to launch.
· As directed by your leadership develop and implement quality systems including Manufacturing Control Plans and supporting Quality documents associated with the use of new ingredients, packaging and technology initiatives.
· Support the vendor development & improvement process using appropriate statistical methods to define process capability for new and existing vendors along the supply chain in order to identify material variability, and manufacturing and/or process gaps.
the development of strategic systems of vendor assessments including but not
limited to vendor process capability, vendor food safety, and vendor service
through the lens of vendor disruption metrics.
· Bachelors degree in the Sciences or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
· A minimum of 6+ years' experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Engineering, New Product Development, Manufacturing, R&D/Technical and/or related and equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated success in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Engineering, New Product Development, Manufacturing and/or R&D/Technical positions requiring successful interface with all these disciplines.
· Effective, negotiation, influencing, motivational, coordination, and communication skills across a diverse global fast paced organization.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with proven results through listening, coaching and communicating with integrity
· Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with cross functional partners.
· Proven ability to motivate others.
· Demonstrated ability to rally technical, functional, and business management support to enable new product objectives and goals,
· Strong emphasis on the following PepsiCo Leadership Competencies: Change Leadership, Motivation of Others, Collaboration, Communicating Productively, and Negotiation. Proven ability to work effectively and manage risk in a fast paced environment with ambiguity and change. Ability to manage conflict, using data to drive decisions.
· Strong people management skills with demonstrated ability to lead a multi faceted team, provide clear priorities and expectations, and effectively manage resource needs with business demands.
· Proven ability to manage pipeline of talent: hire and build team and skill base for organizational success, use of rewards and recognition to motivate team, ensure knowledge retention within the organization.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
o Beverage processes including hot fill, high/low acid aseptic, dairy, and retorting.
o Packaging systems including PET/plastic bottles, aluminum/steel cans, glass, and aseptic package forms.
o Six Sigma/Statistics and Process Capability/FMEA.
o Ability to identify critical data and distill into business-focused technical recommendations.
· Must be willing and able to travel 30-50% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com