the quality goals of Hilmar Cheese Company by overseeing day to day
operations of the product release program, as well as special projects and
individual role development, to improve overall quality and quality
programs. This role is intended to facilitate Corporate Quality Assurance
Manager functions when needed.
· Provides leadership and direction to the product release
group, taking ownership of and evaluating release decisions.
· Ensure verification of any applied hold status has been
properly cleared by Quality Assurance prior to release.
· Ensure identification and review non conformances, out of
specification, and other supporting documentation such as PINs, summaries,
engineering studies, etc. related to the products that provide information
relevant to making the final disposition decision.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing
personal networks, participating in professional societies.
· Develops and coordinates efficient and effective quality
standards to exceed customer expectations
· Proficiency in the PIN process
· Working understanding of the concepts of Food Safety systems
and HACCP programs
· Demonstrated decision making ability
· Intimate knowledge of Hilmar Operations Process Flows – Milk
Receiving, Cheese, Protein, Lactose
· Manage projects to successful completion and work on several
projects at a time
· Assist in the final quality assurance disposition for all
· Ensures compliance to Federal, State, and other regulatory
requirements that impact food safety and Hilmar Cheese Company policy and
· Computer Proficient
· English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write
and speak English
Promote Company Culture