Associate Principal Scientist Food Safety – Fremont, MI
R&D\Scientific\Product Development Jobs
Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products is a company founded on the principles of nutrition, health and wellness. At Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products we understand the importance of giving our consumers food and beverages that taste great and help them enrich their lives. That's what "Nestle. Good Food, Good Life" is all about.
At Infant Nutrition, supporting the healthy growth, development and eating habits of children from infant to preschooler remains at the heart of everything we do. With strength of our GERBER, GRADUATES and GOOD START brands, we develop products, education and services that will enable us to become the trusted nutrition authority for consumers, retailers, healthcare professionals and regulatory agencies.
OUR MISSION is to help nurture a healthier generation, one baby at a time.
OUR VISION is to be the recognized leader in early childhood nutrition.
At Nestle Nutrition/Gerber Products our ideal candidates are those who share our passion for Continuous Excellence, with solid leadership skills - able to inspire, lead and develop people, and adding value - results focus and take initiative. If you are this person - We Want To Meet You!
The opportunity has arisen for a Associate Principal Scientist, Food Safety to join our team at our Nestle Nutrition R&D Centers, Inc. located in Fremont, Michigan.
Main purpose of job:
Provide food safety and regulatory technical guidance to Global Nestlé Nutrition Infant & Toddler Meals & Drinks and Performance Nutrition Bars and Gels Innovation/Renovation projects, research and development, and manufacturing.
· Develop and conduct ingredient, packaging and product safety assessments and strategies to manage safety and compliance risks. Assess, develop, and execute action plans to address complex technical and regulatory challenges associated with food ingredients, finished products, packaging and processes.
· Support exceptional release decisions with safety assessments and incident management in relevant areas of expertise; Inform management of relevant issues of concern and response strategies.
· Organize and provide training for Global Infant & Toddler Meals & Drinks and Performance Nutrition personnel on regulatory, technical and scientific topics relevant to product and package development.
· Create and maintain industry expertise through external networking and affiliations and maintain liaison with internal Nestlé Networks.
Nestle is an 'Equal Opportunity Employer' and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
University degree (Advanced Degree preferred) in a scientific/regulatory area (toxicology, food science, regulatory, etc.) and 5 years applicable industry experience in Operations and/or RD; Demonstrated communication skills with varied audiences; Working experience with risk assessment and HACCP desirable.
Knowledge of government regulations and underlying scientific rationale with more detailed knowledge of food safety laws, regulations and agency policies in the US and foreign countries.
Experience and knowledge in interpreting and applying regulatory requirements to operational situations.
Working knowledge of risk assessment and ability to adapt risk assessment approaches to include business risk and strategic issues.
- See more at: http://nestlejobs.com/us/michigan/r%EF%B9%A0d_scientific_product-development/jobid3398269-associate-principal-scientist-food-safety?src=JB-10172#sthash.0EHyO18Q.dpuf
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com