Associate Prod Development Scientist - St. Louis, MO
Job Number: 13002301
R&D\Scientific\Product Development Jobs
Saint Louis, MO
Nestlé Purina PetCare’s Product Technology Center as an Associate Scientist in the Pet Treats Product Development team. The successful individual will be responsible for planning, organizing, and performing R&D activities required for development of Pet Treats products and processes from inception through all stages of development.
1. Innovation - Apply technical knowledge and project leadership to create new, original product concepts and intellectual property. Develop new products through differentiating technology, formulation and process development that achieve consumer-validated performance and appeal objectives.
2. Renovation - Develop new products or enhance existing products using known technologies in support of business objectives and consumer needs. Ability to apply relevant scientific knowledge to products/process.
3. Project Management - Lead research and development projects. Effectively engage, communicate with and organize project activities with team members. Ensure all required project checkpoints, activities and milestones are effectively performed on assigned projects in compliance with Nestlé Purina project management methodologies.
4. Collaboration - Close collaboration with Marketing and Market Research colleagues to ensure product development activities and goals are well-aligned with target segment consumer expectations. Explore and build external and internal relationships with vendors and colleagues at other Nestlé R&D groups and businesses as appropriate to leverage technology and knowledge adjacencies that can add value to product development objectives.
5. Plan, organize and perform the necessary trials and experiments as required to deliver product development projects that meet market needs and are delivered in a timely manner.
6. Effectively communicate results through oral presentations and timely, written technical documentation and reports.
7. Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and procedures.
8. Travel as necessary (US and International, 10% – 20%).
9. Practice safety in the work area.
· Develop Nestlé Purina’s core competence in all areas of pet food product development.
· Demonstrate technical leadership by searching for new opportunities to develop products to meet the needs of the Nestlé Purina business.
· Maintain and improve upon the communications between R&D and external contacts.
· Keep current in scientific discipline.
· Continue development of project leadership skills.
· Establish and maintain good relationships with vendors, universities and counterparts at other Nestlé operations.
· Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
· B.S. in Food Science, Meat Science, Engineering, or related science discipline
· Good sense of business/technical interrelationships
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be able to manage multiple projects/priorities
· Good organizational skills
· Computer literacy
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
· M.S. or PhD in Food Science, Meat Science, Engineering, or related discipline a plus; or 3 years industry experience.
· Excellent knowledge of grain science, meat science and protein chemistry.
· Food processing experience.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com