Food Science Outreach Specialist - West Lafayette, IN
Food Science (Job Number: 1100967)
Food Science Outreach Specialist will provide support and enhancement to existing extension programs in the Department of Food Science. Responsibilities include working with Purdue faculty to provide technical assistance, workshops and educational programs for Indiana food companies that result in improved food safety and quality practices, increased processing efficiencies and reduced environmental impact. The expected outcomes of these activities will be an increased competitiveness for Indiana Food Companies in a global market place. Some travel may be required. This position is currently funded for two years and renewal is contingent upon receiving additional funding.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Science, other related field, or equivalent related experience.
· Minimum of one year of related experience.
· Excellent customer service, problem resolution, analysis, and interpersonal skills.
· Self motivated and ability to work independently.
· Ability to collect scientific data, analyze scientific data and write technical reports.
· Master of Science
· HACCP certification
· Hands on experience in food processing plant activities
· Some travel required.
· A background check is required for employment in this position.
· FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
· Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Waiting Period
· Purdue University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com