Sr Specialist Quality & Food Safety
Full-Time - Salinas, CA, United States
The Raw Product Food Safety department is responsible for implementing,
managing, monitoring and verifying raw product food safety in accordance with
the company's good agricultural practices, standardized requirements,
policies, procedures and standards. The Sr
Specialist Quality & Food Safety will work directly with individual
growers, vendors/suppliers, harvesters, transporters, cooling and storage
operator to provide technical support and assistance, resolve technical
issues, promote, implement, monitor and to verify compliance with good
agricultural practices, standardized requirements, policies, procedures and
standards for raw product quality and food safety.
- Audit Fresh Express & Fresh Select suppliers growing, harvesting,
packing and cooling operations both domestic and international.
- Implement management plans to correct areas of noncompliance indicated by
the audit process. The management plans will be developed with the
cooperation of the suppliers in order to provide continuous supplier
- Maintain the Food Safety plan and supporting documentation for the company.
- Conduct training presentations on issues that may impact food safety and
participate in grower/supplier meetings
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 3 years experience in the produce industry
that includes at least 2 years of inspection or quality assurance experience
in an agricultural or food manufacturing environment.
- Must have a solid understanding of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) and
Good Harvesting Practices (GHPs).
- Proven ability to work independently and with others to initiate change.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally 50-75%.
- Possess valid drivers license and can drive a car
- Possess a valid passport.
- Able to work outside in heat and in dusty environments.
- Able to walk on uneven ground during inspection of fields.
- Proficient in MS Office, and data analysis.
Chiquita Brands International
Brands International, Inc. (NYSE: CQB) is a leading international marketer
and distributor of high-quality fresh and value-added food products - from
energy-rich bananas and other fruits to nutritious blends of convenient green
salads. The company markets its healthy, fresh products under the Chiquita(R)
and Fresh Express(R) premium brands and other related trademarks. With annual
revenues of more than $3 billion, Chiquita employs more than 21,000 people
and has operations in nearly 70 countries worldwide. For more information,
please visit www.chiquitabrands.com.
the United States, Chiquita Brands International, Inc. requires that
applicants provide authorization and consent to a background check and a drug
screen to continue in the selection process. All employment offers are
contingent on meeting our background check standards and successful passing
of required drug test. If hired, you will be required to provide
documentation indicating your legal right to work in the U.S which may be
verified through Chiquita's participation in the E-Verify program.
an Equal Opportunity employer, Chiquita Brands International and its
subsidiaries provide an environment that promotes individual recognition and
achievement. We recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote associates
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin,
disability or veteran's status.