Food Safety Coordinator - Texas
Region - Houston, Texas
a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services,
facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions,
universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around
the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical
Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, as the industry leader in
FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of
America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines.
ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients,
customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy,
environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees
serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site,
www.aramark.com, or www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment, a subsidiary of ARAMARK Corp, is a $1.6
Billion dollar business and a leading provider of food, lodging, recreational
activities, facilities management and retail merchandise services to more
than 90 million people annually at over 250 locations in North America. We
serve amphitheaters, sports stadiums and arenas, conference centers, national
and state parks, convention centers, zoos, science centers and aquariums.
The Sports, Entertainment and Conventions division within ARAMARK Sports
& Entertainment serves more than 148 premier sports stadiums, arenas,
convention centers and concert venues, including the home venues of 13 Major
League Baseball teams and 10 National Football League teams. ARAMARK offers stadium
and arena owners a single source provider for concessions, event planning,
premium dining needs and catering, on-site restaurants, retail merchandise
sales and facilities management.
The Food Safety Coordinator will assist in the communication, implementation
and verification of the ARAMARK food safety standards for the Texas Region.
The role is expected to assist with regulatory inspection and compliance.
Further responsibilities will be focused on assisting with vendor and sub
contractor management. The Food Safety Coordinator will have an indirect
report to ARAMARK S&RC, the effectiveness of ARAMARK food safety
standards, and any non-conformances that are being managed and escalated
within the LOB.
1. To ensure the location has the current ARAMARK food safety standard and
procedure documentation in place.
2. To provide the Management team training in the ARAMARK food safety
standards, and procedures.
3. To assist the Management team with implementation of the ARAMARK food
safety standards and procedures.
4. To verify the implementation and execution of ARAMARK food safety
standards and procedures and report to General Manager any non-conformances.
5. To be knowledgeable of local Health Dept food safety requirements i.e. local
6. Accompany Health Dept Inspectors during on-site inspections and respond
regulatory non-compliance and to the best of ability - mitigate or limit any
inspection violations. Effectively manage corrective action processes to
comply with regulatory requirements to identify cause, address problems,
restore control, evaluate and monitor processes, modify procedures or improve
the food safety system, and prevent recurrences.
7. To provide and coordinate training with assistance from location
Management to ensure all managers and supervisors with food responsibilities
are ServSafe (or equivalent) Certified Managers.
8. To provide and coordinate training with assistance from location
Management of hourly and temporary employees with either ServSafe Starters
program or ARAMARK equivalent.
9. Complete the ARAMARK food safety self assessment on all operating days to
ensure conformance with all ARAMARK standards. Empowered to advise on
immediate corrective actions where necessary.
10. Observe and advise all ARAMARK employee's in food safety standards.
Empowered to reinforce positive behaviours and coach were necessary.
11. Work closely and coordinate with other operations managers (catering,
warehouse, concessions, maintenance and kitchen, etc) to assure food safety,
and product quality.
12. Verify completion of food safety paperwork completed by operating team -
temperature logs, self assessments, and review for acceptability. Empowered
to advise on immediate corrective actions, and escalate to General Manager
13. Responsible for monitoring structural and equipment defects that may
create food safety and sanitation deficiencies or non-compliance. Coordinate
with operations and maintenance. Empowered to escalate to General Manager when
14. Responsible for monitoring vendors (including ...
* Communication skills - verbal and written.
* Computer essentials; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
* Influencing/negotiation skills.
* Training skills.
* Auditing skills.
* Results orientated.
* This position requires an Associates degree or equivalent certification.
* 2-4 plus years of food safety experience.
* Certified ServSafe Instructor is preferred