India: Two girls die of food poisoning in Banaskantha
Source of Article: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/two-girls-die-of-food-poisoning-in-banaskantha/479879/
Two members of a family died and three others were admitted to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Deodar in Banaskantha for suspected food poisoning, on Monday morning.
All the five affected are siblings belonging to an agricultural labourer family. The five had reportedly consumed some stale food on Sunday night, following which Vina Thakur (8) and Niku Thakur (6) died this morning. The three others are Manju (22), Rukhi (16) and Kali (15). Their condition is said to be out of danger.
K S Patel, the Chief District Health Officer (CDHO) of Banaskantha, said: “On learning about the incident, a medical officer (Epidemics) from the CHC was rushed to the house of the Thakur family, which has 11 members— eight daughters, a two-month-old son and the parents.”
Medical Officer (Epidemics) Dr A Garg said: “The five girls had consumed the food kept overnight. There was no symptom of food poisoning in the other family members. Something must have fallen into the food. The girls had experienced uneasiness on the night itself and by morning they reported diarrhoea and vomiting.”
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com