- Responsible for developing thermal and non-thermal processing
parameters for the safety and quality of PepsiCo beverages.
- Implement PepsiCo-wide policy on low acid aseptic products (minimum
requirements for equipment design, package sterilization, etc.
- Development of thermal processes for Low Acid . High Acid, and
Acidified Foods and Beverages.
- Support ongoing quality auditing function for these products.
- In cooperation with the process authority and other technical
resources carries out validation trials on new aseptic equipment, new
installations and new product launches. Re-validate systems as
- Provides support in developing thermal processes for retorted
products as necessary. Assist the process authority in evaluating
process irregularities and provide guidelines for product
- Maintain regulatory compliance policies for the LACF category
worldwide. Supervise the safety of LACF, Acidified, and High Acid
products developed by R&D Scope
- Take a broad leadership role in the implementation and maintenance
of thermal process and aseptic technologies within region(i.e.
Audits, System Validation and Approval, Experimental Test Protocol,
Pilot Plant Test Protocol, etc.). This will require the individual to
execute work beyond the scope of their individual technical function
in order to assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed
approaches, techniques, and/or equipment design.
- Takes a broad leadership role on projects. Gaining alignment with
Operations and R&D is critical in maintaining these systems.
Manage the specifications for maintaining and approving thermal
process and aseptic systems across PepsiCo.
- Facilitate the transition to a common thermal process and aseptic
standard across all PepsiCo facilities. Communicating and
implementing to Operations and the co-manufacturers will be QA's
- Participate in the development of the direction of standardized
thermal and aseptic systems for PepsiCo and collaboration to
harmonize all such systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, or other related technical field
with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in Thermal Processing
and Aseptics. Master's or PhD in Engineering, Food Science, or
- Individual will need to understand business strategies, culture and
work necessary to achieve results.
- Persevere in times of crisis and handle adverse circumstances
effectively. Assist people through change and transformation
- Capable of influencing people regarding quality systems.
- A team oriented person with skills that effectively bring people
and issues to decisive resolution. Achieve results consistently
- Monitor progress against goals, identify issues and takes
corrective action early.
- Manages related functional activities to ensure the alignment of
team priorities with broader organizational initiatives, and works to
set culture and tone for their area. Must be innovative, detail
oriented, self directed and have good problem solving skills. Acts as
a peer coach to junior scientists and other non-technical associates.
- Must have an understanding of the following; thermal bacteriology,
LACF regulations including aseptics, process calculations and
lethality determination, data collection and complex lethality
Job ID: 25449