Functional Area: Quality
Division: Supply Chain
Location: West Virginia-Northern
Country: United States
Employment Status: Part Time
Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and
maintenance products and services for the hospitality, instutional
and industrial markets, has the following temporary 3rd shift position.
The Lab Technician performs a variety of laboratory operations involving
chemical and physical analysis and test required for research, development
or quality control processes or products.
- Performs analysis on finished goods using the AA, HPLC and/or GC.
- Conduct sampling and testing of raw materials, in-process product, and
finished product as defined by product-specific quality specifications.
- Conduct testing in adherence with the guidelines established in the QATM
and quality system operating procedures.
- Precisely document test results on quality control records. Maintain
quality control records.
- Determine and appropriately communicate disposition of materials tested
as defined in the material specification and quality system operating
- Determine and appropriately communicate necessary batch adjustments as
indicated by test results and product specifications.
- Prepare standardized reagent solutions.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment as required and proper maintenance of
all lab equipment.
- Conduct review of production records and retainers as needed.
- Observe all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Technical support for environmental and regulatory compliance, waste
water management and disposition of returns and discrepant product.
Performs a variety of laboratory operations not limited to compiling,
analyzing and interpreting results.
- Performs several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or
chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures.
- Assists technicians in set up of laboratory equipment and in recording
data for experiments and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of various instruments to prepare for and perform tests.
- Performs routine safety program checks and preventive maintenance on
- 2 year degree in Chemistry, Biological Science, Chemical Engineering,
Food Science or related natural science field.
- 1-3 years of laboratory technician or closely related experience,
additional education maybe substituted in part
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to read and follow directions in English
- No immigration Sponsorship Available
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related science field
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and handle
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Internship or work experience in a formulation environment