Foster Farms is a 2.5
billion fully-integrated family-owned and operated company for four
generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been
committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting
poultry products available. We are currently looking for an experienced and
self-motivated Senior Food Technologist.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide technical
support to develop and implement new and/or improved processes and
2. Identify, test and optimize production parameters which will improve
yields and processing efficiencies.
3. Maximize utilization of all available raw materials for product
formulations to obtain least-cost formulating while maintaining corporate
4. Prepare, update, and issue cost estimate requests and new labels.
5. Provide technical assistance to operations.
1. B.S. in Meat Science,
Poultry Science, Food Science or related field in addition to five-seven years experience in meat or poultry product
2. M.S. in Meat Science, Poultry Science, Food Science or related field in
addition to three-five years experience in meat
or poultry product development.
3. Ph.D. in Meat Science, Poultry Science, Food Science or related field.
4. Must have processed meat experience, to include lunch meat and sausages.
5. Packaged meat experience to include packaging equipment and materials
6. Knowledge of poultry processing, food processing and related equipment.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer literate in
word processing and spreadsheets and have excellent math skills - must be
able to formulate food products.
8. Must be able to travel (auto and air).
Foster Farms is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates
in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.