Kerry develops, manufactures, and delivers
technology-based ingredients, flavors and integrated solutions for the
food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry. With sales approaching $7
billion annually and more than 10,000 products supplied to customers in
more than 140 countries, Kerry is the global leader in food ingredients and
flavors. Our customers include the world’s biggest and best-known food and
beverage manufacturers, retailers, and restaurants – as well as small
companies and restaurants with very big dreams. Customers come to us for
our innovative ideas and integrated solutions, assured that Kerry is where
it all comes together for our customers.
Kerry is an innovative, fast-moving and dynamic organization which has
grown steadily for 40 years. Smart, creative, and determined people have
made us who we are today, and we recognize that building a globally mobile
talent pipeline is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for
more smart people who are nimble, adaptable and ready to contribute. If you
are ready for a fast-paced and exciting role where your career potential is
virtually unlimited, Kerry is where it all comes together for you.
Kerry is looking for individuals who have a science background in beverage
flavors, including distillates and extracts and related areas. The ideal
candidate will be nterested in process
development, exposed to interpreting data from juicing machine,
chromatography, extraction and distillation.
This role will initially be based in Lakeland, Florida with potential for
future relocation to Kerry's Americas headquarters
and technical innovation center in Beloit, Wisconsin.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Applies scientific and engineering principles in research, development,
production technology, quality control, processing, and utilization of
- Conducts basic research and new product research and development of
- Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing,
production, quality control, packaging, and distribution.
- Studies methods to improve quality of foods such as flavor, color,
texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and
microbiological composition of foods.
- Develops food standards, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste
management and water supply specifications.
- Tests new products in test kitchen and develops specific processing
methods in laboratory pilot plant.
- Confers with process engineers, flavor experts, and packaging and
marketing specialists to resolve problems.
Must possess or be working towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in
Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biology.
Candidate must possess ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw solid
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical
or diagram form, working with concrete and abstract variables.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. All individuals will be
required to be mobile and work at more than one Kerry site through the USA.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.