provide leadership and expertise on DFA Quality Programs to ensure that the
product is formulated and manufactured in accordance with customer and DFA
quality requirements including all Regulatory guidelines and requirements
for food manufacturing. Establishes monitors and maintains quality control
system working with Division Quality Director and NACP Quality Personnel.
Identifies critical points in the manufacturing process and defines
sampling procedures. Supervises inspections of raw materials, materials in
process, and finished products. Designs and implements policies and
procedures for testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of
products and/or equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of the plant QA Department.
- Provide leadership, training and support to all plant employees on
Quality and GMP issues.
- Conduct GMP and sanitation audits.
- Direct and support the plant sanitation program.
- Interact daily with all managers to accomplish key goals.
- Interact with division quality director and NACP Quality Personnel.
- Review quality trends, track root cause of quality failures and
coordinate corrective actions.
- Maintain Quality Systems programs.
- Maintain compliance with quality assurance programs, policies and
procedures relative to plant, customer and governmental and auditing
- Maintain compliance with plant safety standards and policies regarding
OSHA safety regulations.
- Visible presence on production floor to support key goals of the
- Follows all DFA GMP’s and works in a manner consistent with all corporate
and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
Science or Biological Science, Food Science or related field.
- 4-6 years of supervisory/managerial experience in a food or beverage
- Previous compliance experience with outside regulatory agencies dealing
with plant food, plant quality and plant environmental systems, along with
- Knowledge of Safe Quality Food (SQF) regulations/certification preferred.
- Works collaboratively in a plant team environment.
- Works collaboratively with regulatory agencies and customers.
- Understands issues related to and involving food manufacturing documents
and records, both from a technical and legal perspective.
- Provides supervision, guidance and counsel to others.
- Effectively organizes, coordinates and executes department/plant
- Understand food and environmental regulations and their impact on the
organization and our customers.
- Assist in developing and/or executing strategic plans to meet
departmental and organizational goals while complying with regulatory and
- Clear communications (written/oral), arithmetic, technical reading,
computer skills (word, excel, charts), organized, relationship building,
ability to present professional presentations.