R&D/Product Development Research Scientist I - RES1013
Support the creation of innovative consumer and customer driven new products/platforms, quality improvements, and cost savings to drive Beam’s profitable growth and business success. Primary focus areas include innovation, product improvement and reformulation, taking formula/spec development from ideation through commercialization. This position provides broad exposure to operations, marketing/business teams, finance, sourcing and other internal and external partners, providing R&D support on cross functional teams.
· Assist in identifying and creating innovative solutions aligned to overall Beam strategy and go to market process (DISTIL).
· Accountable for technical development and implementation as part of cross functional project team, helping to translate consumer/customer needs into relevant product design elements meeting consumer, cost, quality and regulatory requirements, with supporting guidance of supervisor and/or lead technical developer.
· Serve as a direct resource, or part of an R&D resource team on projects with low to moderate complexity, such as cost initiatives and line extensions; working closely with supervisor and key business partners to define product requirements, development project timelines, cost/margin goals and contingency plans.
· Plan and execute experiments using established laboratory/pilot plant/operations methods; interpreting results and translate into solutions. Follow best practices for development and suggest process improvements for procedures and practices.
· Partner with external suppliers and development companies as required to extend product possibilities.
· Acquire fundamental technical and business understanding of the competitive set, supplier base and adjacencies, emerging technology, as well as on and off premise practices, trends and other external changes that could influence industry and product direction.
· Develop ingredient, in-process and final product specifications on new or revised products as required; providing performance based specifications, spec ownership and proprietary advantage where applicable to protect investments and block competitive potential.
· Participate actively in team, building and broader Beam and external initiatives.
· M.S. (with thesis) Food Science or related preferred, or
· B.S. degree with 2+ years experience in food and/or beverage industry, preferably in a R&D or Quality capacity
· Experience with carbonated or still beverages, and distilled spirits a strong plus.
· Proficient skills in Excel, Word and related programs for organizing data, summarizing test results, and determining conclusions/next steps.
· Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must be familiar and execute against lab notebook standard practices.
· Must be able to consume limited quantities of alcoholic beverage samples in accordance with evaluation/research needs.
· Team player with collaborative style and good listening and partnering skills. Ability to travel globally to partner in project work with internal and external clients, as well as support implementation at Beam facilities – travel approx. 10-30% ; mostly local Kentucky operations and Chicago corporate office, with some potential for travel to global Beam locations.
· Physically fit for work primarily in a lab, pilot plant and manufacturing environments, which includes long periods of standing, moving, and carrying or lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Research and Development
- USA-Kentucky-Clermont GIC
- Beam Global CEO
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org