KUALA LUMPUR, July 6 (Bernama) -- Forty students of Sekolah
Kebangsaan Sungai Pusu, Gombak, near here came down with food poisoning
Monday after having nasi lemak for breakfast at the school's canteen.
The Year Four students complained of stomach ache and vomiting after having
the meal during their morning break.
Hisham Abdul Razak, the president of the schools PTA, said the affected
students were rushed to the Orang Asli Affairs Department hospital nearby and
all were released after being given outpatient treatment.
"The situation is okay and parents need not panic," he told
reporters when met at the hospital.
He added that the school and education authorities and the health department
should conduct more frequent checks on the canteen to ensure such an incident
did not repeat.