Food Safety Coordinator - PNC Park - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-56921
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com, or www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment, a subsidiary of ARAMARK Corp, is a $1.6 Billion dollar business and a leading provider of food, lodging, recreational activities, facilities management and retail merchandise services to more than 90 million people annually at over 250 locations in North America. We serve amphitheaters, sports stadiums and arenas, conference centers, national and state parks, convention centers, zoos, science centers and aquariums.
The Sports, Entertainment and Conventions division within ARAMARK Sports & Entertainment serves more than 148 premier sports stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues, including the home venues of 13 Major League Baseball teams and 10 National Football League teams. ARAMARK offers stadium and arena owners a single source provider for concessions, event planning, premium dining needs and catering, on-site restaurants, retail merchandise sales and facilities management.
The Food Safety Coordinator will assist in the communication, implementation and verification of the ARAMARK food safety standards at the ARAMARK location. The role is expected to assist with regulatory inspection and compliance. Further responsibilities will be focused on assisting with vendor and sub contractor management. The Food Safety Coordinator will have an indirect report to ARAMARK S&RC, the effectiveness of ARAMARK food safety standards, and any non-conformances that are being managed and escalated within the LOB.
1. To ensure the location has the current ARAMARK food safety standard and procedure documentation in place.
2. To provide the Management team training in the ARAMARK food safety standards, and procedures.
3. To assist the Management team with implementation of the ARAMARK food safety standards and procedures.
4. To verify the implementation and execution of ARAMARK food safety standards and procedures and report to General Manager any non-conformances.
5. To be knowledgeable of local Health Dept food safety requirements i.e. local code requirements.
6. Accompany Health Dept Inspectors during on-site inspections and respond regulatory non-compliance and to the best of ability - mitigate or limit any inspection violations. Effectively manage corrective action processes to comply with regulatory requirements to identify cause, address problems, restore control, evaluate and monitor processes, modify procedures or improve the food safety system, and prevent recurrences.
7. To provide and coordinate training with assistance from location Management to ensure all managers and supervisors with food responsibilities are ServSafe (or equivalent) Certified Managers.
8. To provide and coordinate training with assistance from location Management of hourly and temporary employees with either ServSafe Starters program or ARAMARK equivalent.
9. Complete the ARAMARK food safety self assessment on all operating days to ensure conformance with all ARAMARK standards. Empowered to advise on immediate corrective actions where necessary.
10. Observe and advise all ARAMARK employee's in food safety standards. Empowered to reinforce positive behaviours and coach were necessary.
11. Work closely and coordinate with other operations managers (catering, warehouse, concessions, maintenance and kitchen, etc) to assure food safety, and product quality.
12. Verify completion of food safety paperwork completed by operating team - temperature logs, self assessments, and review for acceptability. Empowered to advise on immediate corrective actions, and escalate to General Manager when necessary.
13. Responsible for monitoring structural and equipment defects that may create food safety and sanitation deficiencies or non-compliance. Coordinate with operations and maintenance. Empowered to escalate to General Manager when necessary.
14. Responsible for monitoring vendors (including third party food safety assessment companies) and sub contractors. Empowered to escalate to General Manager when necessary.
15. Complete a monthly (when in season) Management report for each operating area. To include all aspects of food safety and quality: Personnel Standards, Product & Process Standards, Location Standards inc structural and equipment defects, pest management, vendor management (Ecolab), and sub contractors (NPO).
16. Investigate food safety complaints in conjunction with ARAMARK S&RC.
17. To maintain a close, collaborative working relationship with ARAMARK S&RC.
· Communication skills - verbal and written.
· Computer essentials; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· Influencing/negotiation skills.
· Training skills.
· Auditing skills.
· Results orientated.
· This position requires an Associates degree or equivalent certification.
· 2-4 plus years of food safety experience.
· Certified ServSafe Instructor is preferred
: Risk Management
: Sports, Entertainment, and Conventions
: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org