Area of Interest:
Posting Job Title:
Base Quality Manager
Godiva Chocolatier is the world's premier chocolatier. We are the global
leaders of the creation and distribution of super-premium chocolates
worldwide. Godiva is available at any one of our boutiques, www.godiva.com,
and through our catalogs.
Godiva sells its products through its retail stores, and through wholesale
locations (including department stores, grocery/drug channels and worldwide
duty-free), and Direct (including catalog and internet operations). The
company selectively licenses the Godiva trademark (including Godiva Liquor
from Diageo and Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake from the Cheesecake
Factory). The company has approximately 4,000 employees around the world
and is headquartered in New York, New York.
For over 80 years, Godiva Chocolatier has defined the art of fine chocolate
making by selecting only the most superb ingredients. Godiva applies the
same devotion to selecting and developing the best people.
As an employer of choice, Godiva Chocolatier values a rich assortment of
people that want to work in a pleasant and energized setting. In exchange
for your expertise and enthusiasm, we offer excellent career growth
opportunities and a competitive salary.
Primarily responsible for quality management of Supply Base
Providers (contract manufacturing / contract packing / licensing /
ingredient and packaging suppliers).
• Lead the cross functional team (contract manufacturing /
contract packing / R&D / packaging engineering / procurement) in
ensuring that food safety and quality requirements for purchased products
and materials are identified and documented to ensure that all purchases
comply with requirements.
• Main liaison between Godiva and the QA and business teams of external
business partners for all food safety and quality requirements.
• Analyze problems, determine root causes, recommend corrective and
preventive measures and assess effectively of corrective actions to
identified non-conformances for purchased products and materials.
• Plan, manage and conduct the audit requirements for supply base providers
(contract manufacturers, contract packers, and other supply chain partners)
and make appropriate recommendations for improvement and/ qualification.
• Pro-active follow up of CAPA and assessment of CAPA implementation to
• Generate, analyze and communicate quality score cards for supply base
providers to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
• Manage quality projects to implement supply base quality systems.
• Manage food safety and quality management systems for supply base
providers (contract manufacturers / contract packers, licensees /
ingredient and packaging suppliers (40%).
• Lead the planning and conduct of the audit requirements for existing and
potential supply base providers (contract manufacturers, contract packers
and other supply chain partners). This includes audit planning, execution,
documentation and reporting with pro-active follow up with CAPA. (30%)
• Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives with Supply Base
• Lead supply chain quality projects as directed by supervisor (10%).
• Provide direction and guidance for Ingredient and Packaging Quality
• Undergraduate degree in Food Science or related
• BS Food Science
• Minimum 10-15 years experience in food
manufacturing quality assurance / operations / auditing / contract
• Strong quality systems background: project quality risk assessment /
development of action plans to close identified gaps to ensure food safety
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Auditor Certification (AIB/ ASQ/ Other) / ISO lead assessor certification
• Highly developed interpersonal skills as well as strong written and oral
• Strong partnering and relationship management skills with external
technical organizations and cross functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a cross functional
team to deliver required results.
Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our
company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume
submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be
contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully :
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice,
all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email,
the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a
valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed
the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other