We are assisting our client in the search
for a Quality Technician for their food manufacturing facility located in
The qualified candidate will:
· Be responsible for ensuring raw material files are current,
ingredients purchased from approved suppliers are according to set
· Ensure maintenance of raw material Certificate of Analysis systems,
calibrate and check metal detectors, weighing scales, sifters.
· Ensure GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) on the production floor.
· Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly carried out and
assigned work schedules are maintained.
· Determine overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating
various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
· Resolve major quality problems at production facilities, warehouses,
and other areas as required.
· Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to
product date coding and trade age management at all levels of product
· Educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended quality control
testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping
practices. Confirm these procedures are being maintained.
· Consult with plant management and personnel on better operational
procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
· Discuss plant evaluation with plant management, make appropriate
recommendations and set timetable for improvement and corrections.
· Function as an information source for production and other departments when critical quality issues arise.
· Prepare plant evaluation reports and submit them to Manager, Quality
Control and Compliance
· Assist in development of special department projects and work in
conjunction with Manager, Quality Control and Compliance
· Accept responsibility of training and preparing new employees for
· Follow company safety and quality policies and requirements.
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Micro
Biology or Food Science preferred
Two - four years experience in field, laboratory,
or production facility quality control (Preferably in Food
Manufacturing) Knowledge of SQF standards a plus