Food Science and Nutrition Teacher – Portsmouth, RI
Portsmouth Middle School (learn more)
Portsmouth School District
TITLE: WORK YEAR:
Food Science and Nutrition Teacher 181 days
REPORTS TO: DIRECTLY SUPERVISES:
Building Principal N / A
(SUMMARY) JOB DESCRIPTION
Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor,
plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students.
Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual,
physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success
for every student. Supervises students in a variety of school-related
settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Communicates and
interacts with students, parents, staff and community. Develops,
selects and modifies instructional plans and materials in accordance
with an approved curriculum to meet the needs of all students.
Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and
practices. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials
EDUCATION TRAINING EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field of education from an accredited
college or university.
CERTIFICATE / LICENSE REQUIRED:
Certificate required by the Rhode Island State Department of Education.
Current Rhode Island Teacher Certificate in the appropriate subject
area and level: Certification in Teacher of Home Economics PK-12.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES:
1. Creates a rigorous classroom environment that provides for student
involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve
2. Participates in and implements district and school-based
professional development activities
3. Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction
that incorporates appropriate modeling and provides students with
opportunities to learn, observe, question and investigate in alignment
with appropriate national, state and local standards.
4. Instructs students individually and in a group using various
teaching methods such as workshop model, stations, discussions and
5. Differentiates instruction to meet students’ varying needs and
6. Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials and facilities
7. Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and
communications with parents, colleagues and community
8. Monitors and assesses student progress using data and adjusts
9. Makes recommendations about and adheres to appropriate accommodations
for all types of formal assessments
10. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to
achieve a positive learning environment in the classroom
11. Adheres to the Rhode Island Educator Code of Professional
12. Works collaboratively with colleagues at the school and district
level to improve teaching, learning and educational programming for
13. Ability and willingness to work in teams and co-taught settings
14. Performs other duties as designated by the building principal
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS:
1. Must meet the “highly qualified” criteria defined by the No Child
Left Behind Act of 2001.
2. Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications,
Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, Web applications, and
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Portsmouth School District is committed to maintaining a
work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of
birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation,
genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and
federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals
who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an
equal opportunity investigation.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application
questions required for this job posting.
125 Jepson Lane
Portsmouth, Rhode Island 02871
Email: click here