Quality Assurance Supervisor, 2nd Shift – Fall River, MA
Job Summary: Directly supervise employees in a fast paced
environment assuring conformance to Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense, and all Corporate Policies.
- Directly supervise 1-6 employees in the Quality Assurance
- Lead and motivate the Quality Assurance Team in order to achieve
- Assist in the design, implementation and enforcement of product
quality and food safety control points.
- Collect, log and report trends to upper management on information
- Maintain, create and communicate quality reporting data.
- Communicate timely and effectively with all levels of production
- Know and understand all policies and standard operating
procedures throughout the facility to audit,
inspect and ensure compliance.
- Inspect or audit Blount facilities to assure compliance with
applicable procedures as directed by Quality Assurance management.
- Administer meetings pertaining to food safety and product
quality, including HACCP team meetings.
- Manage product hold program, including making decisions regarding
- Serve as the primary liaison with regulatory officials.
- Manage all daily responsibilities of the QA staff over two
shifts, assuring that there are no lapses in coverage.
- Train all related QA employees in their essential duties, as well
as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Conduct investigation into root cause of customer complaints, and
takes measures to prevent recurrence.
Candidate will be detailed oriented with above average
organizational skills. Self-motivated, confident, energetic and possess the
ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Strong computer
skills. Must be capable of obtaining HACCP certification within six months of
Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent
from two-year college or technical school; or 3+ years related quality