EHS & Food Safety Coordinator – Chattanooga, TN.
This is a full time salaried-exempt position.
This position will be responsible for location health & safety, food safety, and environmental compliance at the Chattanooga, TN and Cleveland, TN flour mills. Primary responsibilities include supervising various committees including audit and incident investigation, emergency planning, risk assessment, program development, implementation, and training of rules and procedures. This position will possess a high level of authority in regards to training and guiding based on needs developed through information submitted on reports and annual requirements.
While working in an office and industrial facility, the Safety/Environmental Coordinator will handle a broad range of activities and will be responsible for supervising the implementation of ADM’s policies and procedures. The EHS & Food Safety Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide training for new hires, contractors, and location colleagues as required
· Direct Colleague interaction (Values Based Safety, facilitating communication, etc)
· Develop and update safety, food safety, and environmental compliance programs
· Analysis and submission of reports
· Calibration and repair of safety equipment
· Purchasing and maintaining inventory of safety, food safety, and environmental supplies
· Environmental responsibilities including maintaining reports
· Document storage
· Spending time in the plant ensuring all programs and procedures are followed and adequate
· Maintain current behavior based safety programs and policies
· Maintain required paperwork such as OSHA 300 logs in compliance with federal law
· Participate in and lead all incident investigations.
. Plan for and lead all regulatory, compliance, 3rd party and customer audits.
. Conduct internal facility audits and facility self – assessments.
· Develop and track corrective actions for audit findings
· Participate in on-site safety committees
· Conduct Drug screens (random, fit for duty, etc.)
. Plan, coordinate and execute annual employee audio / wellness screening
· Knowledge of machines throughout facility, including computer and safety equipment
. Interact with customers on food safety issues as needed.
It is preferred the candidate possess a college degree relating to safety and/or environmental or 3-5 years of extensive experience in human safety, food safety, environmental/regulatory compliance. Interested candidates should be self-motivated and must have excellent command of the following skills: leadership, team building, problem solving, organization, and both written and verbal communication. Experience in a food processing plant is preferred. The candidate must be proficient using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. This position requires walking or standing for extended periods and working in environments at varying temperatures. This position requires an individual that is available to come to work during off-hours to address emergency conditions or other situations that may arise. The position requires that he or she has or will earn and maintain a State of Tennessee PCO Certification. The position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing general fumigations and facility foggings.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
Applying for a New Position:
The length of service that you need in your current position in order to be ready for your next role is as unique as the skills, knowledge and talent required for each job. Before applying for an exempt, non-exempt or hourly job opportunity, you are expected to initiate a discussion and share your intentions with your supervisor.
• If you’ve been in your current position for more than 18 months, supervisor approval is not required.
• If you’ve been in your current position for less than 18 months, verbal supervisor approval is required.
If you have documented under-performance, such as a performance message of less than “Meets Expectations,” you will most likely not be eligible to apply for a position until your performance improves, regardless of the amount of time in your current position. There may be exceptions; however, these exceptions will require two levels of verbal supervisor approval.
na, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403 United States
Food and Beverage Production
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com