Senior Food Technologist (Bakery) – Dayton, NJ
To successfully develop systems and apply flavors leading to new business for IFF in the Bakery and Foodservice categories. Strong knowledge of bakery systems needed, and demonstrated bench top to commercial prototype development is desired.
The position involves strong interaction with other technical personnel, sales, operations, process development, and customers.
The most important duty of this job is the ability to manage, coordinate and execute projects based on flavor knowledge, application skills as well as translating Category innovation needs of key bakery customers into successful winning flavors.
1) Formulate bakery recipes to deliver optimal bakery flavor systems that comply with cost, product design, regulatory and sensory requirements in order to increase key accounts global sales at high margins.
2) Create recipes, utilizing multiple flavor delivery systems, that optimize flavor profiles which applied in a specific matrix, achieve high scores in testing with target consumers. High-score flavor systems represent the core of IFF project submissions and allow IFF to dominate competition.
3) Develop and implement business plans to deliver on major projects on key accounts. Establish the general approach to major projects in coordination with Account and Marketing Managers to ensure a winning category strategy
4) Develop formulas featuring winning flavors, new technology and new product design proposals in order to add value to the flavor business and at the same time expand IFF technology applications.
5) Maintain close relationships with key accounts through working, brainstorming and new technology sessions in order to consolidate customer partnerships.
6) Promote cross-functional team collaboration on major projects to contribute to winning submissions.
7) Lead team to support proactive projects to ensure a long-term solid IFF marketing strategy
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience developing bakery applications and conducting sensory evaluations of bakery products.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in food science, culinary degree a plus
Flavor business knowledge, specifically, applying, and working with flavors in bakery products. Minimum 2 years experience
Demonstrated problem-solving skills and creativity.
MS in Food Science or related field.
At least (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the Consumer Goods Industry.
Project Management background.
Interpersonal and organization skills.
Product and process development experience.
Pastry Chef skills a plus
Dayton, NJ US
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org