Research Scientist - Coffee Technology-1301717 – Tarrytown, NY
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2012 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2012, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
This position is for the senior coffee technical position in Kraft Food’s Research, Development, Quality, and Innovation (RDQ&I) organization, reporting directly into the Director of Coffee RDQ&I and into the Beverages Business Unit. The position requires a qualified individual with deep skills in coffee technology as well as a professional approach to technical problem solving. Leadership skills, insightful technical judgment, creative judgment and a sincere career interest in RDQ&I are critical to success.
A successful candidate must embrace a leadership role as the senior technical resource for the coffee RDQ&I organization, interfacing regularly with senior management, and should be recognized and sought-out as expert in coffee technology
· Identifies, defines, and solves complex business problems by applying broad technical knowledge as well as in-depth knowledge of coffee technology.
· Delivers logical, experienced-based and innovative solutions to technical challenges.
· Leads Intellectual Property assessments and strategy development
· Builds and leverages internal and external network. Active in industry/trade committees
· Often works through others, collaborating both internally and externally
· Mentors beyond and within role, function, and location. Builds technical capacity of the organization through training (as trainer and/or setting curriculum), through documentation, and new ways of working
· Is a visible champion and role model to strengthen organizational capability and culture
· MS/PhD in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Chemistry, or Food Science
· Work experience: Minimum 20 years in a variety of coffee RDQ&I roles
· Thorough knowledge in Green Coffee Sourcing and Qualities, Roasting Technologies, Coffee Chemistry, and Intellectual Property Management
· At minimum, a working knowledge of Decaffeination and other Pretreatment Processes, Soluble Coffee Manufacturing, and Liquid/Concentrate products & processes.
· In-depth experience in a variety of coffee technologies
· Intellectual Property (IP): competitive assessments and development of IP strategy
· Team-oriented work style
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
: Research & Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org