Account Representative Food Safety - Rocky Mountain Region-1205318
: Health Care Business
: USA Region-United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
: USA Region-United States-Utah, USA Region-United States-Idaho, USA Region-United States-Colorado, USA Region-United States-Nevada
3M Food Safety Department has a need for an experienced Sales Professional familiar with the food industry, quality assurance and/or microbiology.
The person hired for the position of Account Representative will ideally be based in Salt Lake City with a territory covering a portions of Utah, Idaho, Colorado and Nevada. The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
· Represent and sell microbiological test methods, hygiene monitoring, and laboratory supplies to the food and dairy industry
· Performing effective customer segmentation and targeting at a territory level
· Organizing and leading local product sales seminars
· Performing effective product demonstrations
· Making follow up calls as necessary in order to close new business
· Representing customer needs concerning ongoing product development and marketing program development
· Participating as needed in local and regional trade shows
· Meeting or exceeding sales goals
· Requires approximately 75% travel with overnight stays
No relocation assistance is authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment via status (e.g., H1B status)
• Bachelor's Degree
• Business to business (B2B) sales experience
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or related science degree
• 3 or more years of sales experience that includes either technical or food industry sales.
• 5 or more years of direct B2B sales experience in the Food and Beverage industry calling on Microbiology Labs and Plant Management
• Microbiology experience applicable to the Food Safety industry
• Pathogen testing products background
• Laboratory sales experience
• Critical thinking, problem solving skills and a strong technical aptitude
• Successful history of time and territory management
• Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software programs
• Experience using Siebel or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
• Strong interpersonal skills and a professional presence
• Experience with "Solution Selling" methodology (i.e. SPIN Selling)
• 75% travel with overnight stays
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/**http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M Food Safety Department, part of 3M Health Care Business (HCB) is the leading global manufacturer of innovative solutions that help the food industry optimize the quality and safety of their products to enable consumer protection. At every step, 3M provides products that help mitigate risk, improve operational efficiencies and impact the bottom line. The 3M Food Safety Department is an exciting growth business, with an excellent brand and quality reputation.
To learn more about 3M Food Safety, please visit:
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com